Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Review: Pivot Point by Kasie West

Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1)
by Kasie West
Published: February 12, 2013




Buy from Amazon

Knowing the outcome doesn’t always make a choice easier . . .

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without.

When I read this book more than a year ago I said I would make a review or a rant about it because it is seriously sooo good and I just have to rave about it. So here I am, more than a year after, making up for that review I didn’t get to write after all but hey, it’s never too late to praise a book. Although this one, I assure you, is the toned down version compared to all the gushing I did right after I read Pivot Point.

First of all, that cover? It’s bea-u-tiful and probably one of my most favorite ever. It’s the perfect representation of the story – the main character and the role she plays in it. It’s relevant. When I first saw it I was very excited because aside from that gorgeous cover, this book is about this paranormal society where everyone has powers – mind reading, mass manipulation, telekinesis.. you name it. So at first thought I was all kick-ass guys and awesome fight scenes. But then I met the main character, Addie, and learned about her powers. I don’t know how to explain it exactly but it’s like this: when she’s given a choice, she can Search the future. She’s basically given two paths and can look forward into both of them and then choose whichever path that would likely have the better outcome after. It’s a pretty cool one, if you ask me. I mean, I don’t meet a lot of characters with this power before but I have to admit, it made me a little disappointed. I was expecting a lot of action, remember? And later in the book, when I began to realize the flow of how the story is going to be told I was like, “No! Don’t tell me it’s going to be like this until the end.” But it was like Kasie West was suddenly there telling me, “Oh, did I disappoint you? Well, whatever. I’m going to make you love it, anyway.” And I did! Gosh, I did.

Pivot Point is really easy to get into. I wouldn’t call it a clichĂ© but if I look at the whole picture it really wasn’t all that far off the scales with other stories. But what I absolutely loved about this is no matter how I look at it at different angles I can’t change the fact that I loved everything about it in the end. So I didn’t get a lot of ninja moves from it, who cares? So it turned out to be mainly about romance after all? I don’t give a damn. It was the most amazing thing about this book! Toe-curling, heart-melting, amazing romance. Further into the story, my whole attention couldn’t help but be pulled into it that even I had a hard time choosing whichever path Addie should take, like I’m the one who has the hardest decision to make. Everything is just so good and fun and enjoyable. Addie is a cool and likable character and Trevor is yum. Okay, that's enough.

I want to end this now because I am seriously out of words to say – type – but please, please, just pick this book up if you haven’t already. Seriously? It's the type that would easily be included in your favorites shelf and make you stalk the author. Everybody needs to know about these kinds of books. So help me shout it out, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...