Monday, January 18, 2016

Where I Live... I Love It Here

Let's talk about something random and personal for a bit. In books, a lot of the characters I've met have expressed the notion of moving away. To escape, the need for space, independence, freedom, adventure... There are plenty of reasons.


I've never felt this way. Sure, I always dream of someday having my own house and finally living alone (woo-hoo!). But I never wanted nor imagined living anywhere else but where I'm from. Not thousands of miles away. A lot of people urge me to go out of the country for work (except my family, of course, which is understandable) and eventually build a life there. That I will be more successful pursuing a career somewhere out of here. And every time, I answer: Someday I will travel the world, go to different places, but I will always come back. BECAUSE I LOVE IT HERE.

They may roll their eyes and be disappointed but I don't freaking care.  This is my life. Seriously, if you really want to be successful you can make it happen wherever you are.

I live in a country that's made up of 7,107 islands. Well, this is my island. This is where here is. And I am so thankful for it.



4 comments:

  1. I get what you mean, Haraiah. Even though I would love to work for a few years outside the country, the Philippines will always be home. <3

    Great post, and I can't wait to interact more with you! I'm a new follower. :)

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No place like home :D Thank you, Lyra! Looking forward to it, too.

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love where I live too. Yes, I'd like to visit other places someday and I AM curious about living in other places, but in the end, I can't really see myself doing that. I like where I'm from and the people and places I'm surrounded by!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the people especially! Thanks, Lauren :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...