Sunday, January 10, 2016

Clean Slate Read-a-Thon Progress Report



Clean Slate Read-a-Thon has officially started and I decided to make a separate post for my updates rather than putting it in my sign-up post. This will include my goals and progress throughout the read-a-thon week which I will hopefully be able to update daily.

Day 1: Sunday, January 10

Pages read: 246 pages
Books finished: 0


Day 2: Monday, January 11

Crossed (Soul Eater #3)
I finished Emmy & Oliver today and it's so good! I also started Crossed by Eliza Crewe.
Pages read: 294 pages
Books finished: 1 (Emmy & Oliver)


Day 3: Tuesday, January 12

Vengeance Road
Done with Crossed. Another great read! It's a series-ender so I'm pretty sad to see one of the coolest villains out there aka Meda's story end. That aside, I'm really happy with my reading pace! I want to start Vengeance Road but I have to do a considerable amount of work first. I also remembered that The Score by Elle Kennedy is out now and I really, really want to read it. It's one of my most anticipated release this 2016! Choices, choices...
Pages read: 94 pages
Books finished: 1 (Crossed)





Mini-Challenge #1: RESOLUTIONS
I made a previous post with my 2016 goals and resolutions but let me reiterate. 

My number one goal this 2016 is to finish that big project I am currently working on so I can finally breathe.

Another is obviously to read more books. READ MORE, BUY LESS. Finally trim down/annihilate that physical and for-review TBR. I'd add bookshelf reorganization here except it will do no good unless I actually have a new bookshelf to fill in, which I don't :( So my floor remains a temporary home for some of my books until a miracle happens. lol

AND TAKE A FREAKING VACATION. Like, seriously. Sleep. Travel. Earn millions.






Day 4: Wednesday, January 13

I'm still reading Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman. I haven't done a lot of reading today :( I spent most of it working and sleeping.
 Pages read: 121 pages
Books finished: 0


Day 5: Thursday, January 14

Still on Vengeance Road. The project I'm working on is demanding a lot of my time :(
Pages read: 50 pages
Books finished: 0


Day 6: Friday, January 15

Finished Vengeance Road today. It was just an okay read. A bit disappointing. I want to pick up the last book on my read-a-thon TBR but, again, my project is calling my name so I'm straying from it and opt for something short and fun.
Pages read: 118
Books finished: 1


Day 7: Saturday, January 16

Nothing! I read NOTHING! One word: project.
Pages read: 0
Books finished: 0


Day 8: Sunday, January 17

Nope. Nada. None. This is the last day of read-a-thon and I didn't pick up the last book in my TBR. So close! I read another book instead. Oh well, I still call this a success :)
Pages read: 0
Books finished: 0

TOTAL pages read: 923
TOTAL books read: 3

8 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about buying this book.. I was never really sure. I'd love to read what you thought of this. Good luck with the read-a-thon! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, czai! I finished Emmy and Oliver and it was a really great book! You should definitely grab yourself a copy :)

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to check this one out! It sounds good. Good luck!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS good! Really good. I highly recommend it. Thanks, Krystianna.

      Delete
  3. Glad you loved Emmy and Oliver! I loved it too :) Vengeance Road wasn't my thing, but I hope you love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmy & Oliver was the first book I read for the read-a-thon, too! I loved it so much. Good luck with the rest of your books. :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw someone else who finished Emmy and oliver and loved it. I might have to put that on my list as I have it on my kindle.

    Also Vengeance road sounds good and I go that with one of my subscription boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard so many good things about Emmy and Oliver! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...