Monday, June 1, 2015

May 2015 Reads + Monthly Recap

With how good my April was, I expected the vibe to continue for the rest of the summer. But alas, it didn't happen. I was having positive thoughts at the start of the month and was so excited to read the books in my May TBR but as luck would have it, it put me in a reading AND blogging slump. During summer where I have plenty of time to read and blog! I should have seen it coming given the growing pile of unfinished books I had since March.

I was still able to read plenty of books eventhough I didn't reach my desired goal which is a little disappointing.

The books I read this May:

   

   

Novellas:

   

My favorite read was The Wondrous and the Wicked followed by Until the Beginning and then P.S. I Still Love You. I realized too late that The Girl in 6E has two different versions. The first is an Indie published a couple of years ago and the latest just last year. The newer one is 100 pages long with a different ending and more overall development. I didn't know this when I decided to get the book so I ended up buying the original version which I liked but I have a feeling I will like it more when I read the longer version. And besides, the author strongly suggests to get new version especially if I plan on reading the sequel which I sure as hell am.

So, actually, I read A LOT last month. But whenever I'm in a slump I,

a) Start a new book and leave it halfway, unfinished, for some reason and who knows how long until I pick it up again

b) Reread my favorite books

...and this May alone I reread 9 books! I just don't count them as part of my wrap-up or my reading challenges.

Rereads:

   
   

I reread The Deal, like, 5 times in total. Ooops. Once or twice around April, also before I started The Mistake, another AFTER I read The Mistake, and more later just because.

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Review: The Faerie Prince by Rachel Morgan
Review: The Faerie War by Rachel Morgan
Review: How to Love by Katie Cotugno
Review: Rouge by Leigh Talbert Moore
Review: The Deal by Elle Kennedy

DNF: Why? Read this.


*Covers are linked to Goodreads as usual. Ratings and short reviews on my Goodreads page.

If at first you don't succeed (or in my case after a hundred attempts), try and try again. Amiright? So for June, here's another TBR pile. No more reading slumps hopefully.


May Blog Posts:







Music and Lyrics (19): On Repeat Summer Playlist

I know most of you are just starting their summer. Well, it's already over for me and the rest of us here in my country. I hope you have a good one!

What books did you read in May?

14 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you went through a slump Haraiah, they are the worst, but still that is an amazing amount of books that you were able to get through! I wish I had more time for re-reads, but I just about get through a book a week now with work being so busy! I hope June is a much better reading month for you. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I found rereads to be faster than reading a book for the first time and I always love going back to my favorites :)

      Delete
  2. It's nice to have favourite books you can go to whenever you are in need of reading inspirations! The nes you know you will love no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. That is basically why I love rereading especially when I'm in a slump. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You read some great books this month. I loved Changing His Game! That was such a fun read. And I need to start that Page Morgan series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's an amazing series. I hope you love it!

      Delete
  4. Your book reads look interesting this month, I hardly get time to re-read books since I'm always reading new or old ones that I have gotten to. Have a great week overall <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually reread when I am in no mood to start a new book or just feeling nostalgic :)

      Delete
  5. I've been enjoying Elle Kennedy's adult romantic suspense series, so I definitely want to pick up her NA series. I've just finished Amy Plum's After the End and loved it so I need to pick up book two soon. Nice to hear it was a win for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read Elle Kennedy's NA series but since I liked it so much, her other books were automatically added on my TBR pile. I hope you like Until the Beginning! Too bad it's only a duology. Would have loved more of Miles and Juneau :)

      Delete
  6. OH MY GOD THE PUN IN THAT DNF. No wonder you DNFed.

    Your reading month seems spectacular. I want to read PS soon! I just saw Jenny speak about it so that brought my excitement levels up all over again!
    My Stacking the Shelves + Montly Recap here.

    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh haha.. I didn't realize I made a pun in there. LOL. *eeep* I really, really enjoyed PS I Still Love You even though Lara Jean was a bit irritating at times. Peter is amazing! And Kitty :)

      Delete
  7. Even with the reading slump you still read a lot of books! I've got a stack of books I want to reread, but haven't found time for them yet. Need to get rid of my huge TBR pile before I feel comfortable enough to actually reread an old favorite. Hope you have a great June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a huge TBR pile as well (who doesn't) but I love to reread, too! If only we have the ability to read faster or have all the time in the world to read. That would be heaven :D

      Thank you! You, too.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...