Saturday, June 27, 2015

Me and My Bookshelf (32): June Book Haul

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are recently added to my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like, and recount epic book hauling stories. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

It's a slightly big book haul this time. So eventhough I didn't spend that much because all of these are bargain books, I will still cut back on next month's purchases because, let's be honest, a book buying ban won't work anytime soon especially since I just saw one or more titles I still want to buy that are ON SALE. For July, my range is going to be $15 - $20. No more.

Here are the books I bought this June!


Books I bought at a local bargain bookstore:

All of these (left side) are hardcovers for less than $3 each except for Me Before You which is $2.5 in paperback.

Me Before You (Me Before You #1) by Jojo Moyes - Cannot wait to read this! I heard so many great things about it. I've wanted to buy a copy of this for a long time but it's expensive even for a paperback.

The Fox Inheritance (Jenna Fox Chronicles #2) by Mary E. Pearson - This is one of Mary E. Pearson's earlier works. She is the author of The Kiss of Deception which is also in my TBR pile.

As I've mentioned before, one of this year's goals is to read the earliest books I've added in my Goodreads TBR. Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe, The Peculiars, Struck, and League of Strays are already gathering virtual dust for being there a long time. 

Books I found online:

There are so many cheap finds online but when you include shipping, it gets a little bit expensive. But there is no way I'm gonna turn away from these deals.


Got these pretty hardcovers for $7 each! I read Poison Princess almost three years ago and loved it so much. Rot & Ruin is one of my most anticipated zombie read so I can't wait to get into it soon. I actually already started it a few months back but for some reason I didn't get around to finishing it eventhough I was really enjoying it. Which reminds me, I now have two copies of the first book, Rot and Ruin so I'm getting rid of the paperback. Any Filipino readers interested? See this.



I am slowly collecting Rachel Caine's The Morganville Vampires series and ALL of Jennifer Donnelly's books so if you have anything there you are willing to sell, let me know. I got these for $2 each and I am so freaking happy because The Wild Rose is in hardcover and the price tag says it's originally $22. Um.



Lastly, I got an old library copy of Monsters of Men for $3 so it's pretty beaten up but I fixed it so it's all okay. And a SIGNED hardcover edition of Clariel for $7. Woo-hoo!


WHAT BOOKS DID YOU GET THIS WEEK/MONTH?

4 comments:

  1. I liked Poison Princess a lot! And Endless Knight. Dead of Winter was baaaad. I am excited about book four though! I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely weekend :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! But I haven't read Endless Knight yet. Can't wait!

      Thank you, Alyssa! :)

      Delete
  2. You have lots of books that look amazing! Poison Princess is one of my all time fav books, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, along with all your other books!

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a really great time reading Poison Princess, thank you. I'm excited to get into the rest of these!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...