Saturday, March 9, 2013

Me and My Bookshelf (9)

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

Hurray! I'm back from my book shopping hiatus. There are a lot of new releases I've been eyeing and dying to own and read. But I have to start being practical and stop this madness over books (which is what makes my life exciting, by the way) because my TBR pile is growing and growing. Buy 10 books, read one - yeeaah, so not good.

Anyway, I can't seem to totally stop hoarding books - never! - but I've limit myself to at least 5 or less in a month. haha! So.. what's new on my shelf?

Every Day by David Levithan

My sister is currently reading this. I'm next! Can't wait to read it ever since I finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson and my anticipation doubles when I hear my sister suddenly say 'ohmygod, it's so good' every now and then.

Just One Day by Gayle Forman

I absolutely loved If I Stay and Where She Went. Best contemporary ever! And also one of my all-time faves. This is definitely a book labeled 'must read IMMEDIATELY' but like the loser that I am, I haven't picked it up yet!! Even if I badly want to, I can't defy the pull of school works. Dayum.

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

Haven't finished the Vampire Academy series yet. I only read the first book and I loved it so I'm looking forward to start this spinoff soon.

Aaand. The most recent addition to my collection of books.. 


Shatter Me (with the new cover) and it's sequel Unravel Me
I loved, loved, loved Shatter Me. It's the first book I read in 2012 and, wowza! I recently finished Unravel me and it's much, much better. I'm dying for the sequel!!!
Oooh, here's the highlight.

I have it signed!! Oh la la :)


That's all for me guys. Don't hesitate to put your links in the comment section below because I will surely come by and visit your shelves. Happy weekend! 

11 comments:

  1. everyday! i'm still saving to buy that book. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pile! Every Day and Just One Day were both absolutely brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.My.God!! You have BOTH Shatter Me & Unravel Me SIGNED!So lucky! :D
    Every Day and Just One Day are on my TBR so I can't wait to hear what you think of them!

    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! I'm so jealous of your autographed books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pile! All books that I can't wait to get my own copies of and read! I hope you enjoy them, and can't wait to see what you think of them!

    Lisa
    @turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! Can i ask you something? xD
    I was looking for a clear picture of the paperback version of Unravel Me on google images and, in doing so, i found your blog..
    I know it may seem crazy but i would like to have the same version of both Shatter Me and Unravel Me and, since i don't like the hardback of Shatter Me, i chose the paperback...
    Is Unravel Me already available in paperback, right? All the images i've found on the internet show signed books! You're really lucky to have them, btw... :D
    But, my real weird question is.. are the paperbacks of Shatter Me and Unravel Me of the same height? I like to put my books on the bookshelf sorted by height and i don't like to split books of the same series... this is the main reason why i haven't bought the hardback of Unravel Me yet!
    On the picture it seems that Shatter Me is slightly shorter than Unravel Me and, if that's the case, i guess i'll buy the hardback of Unravel Me (since both versions are taller than Shatter Me)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to match my books by size/height too :)

      Yes, the paperback of Unravel Me is already available and Shatter Me (in paperback with matching cover) is shorter. The paperback copy of Shatter Me with the old cover though has the same height as UM, maybe because they're both international editions. But if you're not comfortable with your books without matching covers, I think there are still paperback versions of UM that will come out few months before Ignite Me and it will probably match Shatter Me. That's usually the case on some books by Harper. They have international editions of their books in paperback that's released the same day as hardbacks and will later publish another edition of paperbacks but slightly smaller in size.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your quick reply and your advice! I think i will wait for Unravel Me, afterall i've already read it so i can wait a few months! What i can't wait to do is to read Ignite Me!
      But now, it's time to order Shatter Me, one thing at a time! ;)

      Delete
    3. No problem :) I saw Unravel Me's paperback publication date on Goodreads. It's December 31, 2013. I can't wait for Ignite Me too!!

      Delete
  7. Just a quick question about the covers.... the hardcover always seems to be shiney/foiled, are the paperbacks like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you're asking if the paperback books I mentioned in this post are shiny or foiled.. they're not. But if you mean in general, sometimes the paperback editions are shiny like their hardcover editions.. sometimes not.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...