Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Review: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2)
by Maggie Stiefvater
Published: July 13, 2010




The astonishing #1 New York Times bestseller.

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

Another yes to another fantastic book by Maggie. After that ending in Shiver, there's no way I'm not picking up Linger. So here goes another chapter of my favorite modern day love story. And we're in for another treat! Not only do we get to read from Sam and Grace's perspective but also from Isabelle and newly-turned wolf, Cole.

Let's talk about the new guys. I really loved Isabelle on the first book and much much more now. She's rich, she's beautiful, she's popular, she can be mean BUT - that's a big but - she's smart, funny, sensible and she is a very good friend. If you don't like her especially on how she appears on the outside then you don't really know her. Cole? He is one big jerk of a rock star. A hot mess - but definitely someone worth knowing. Cast aside that dangerous and a-holey aura on him and you'll find a wise, compassionate and dedicated man.

I was never tired of Sam and Grace's story. I appreciated it even more while reading Isabelle and Cole's perspective. There is just something special in the way other people see them together, how one look can explain the way they are with each other and there's always understanding. Those parts are probably my favorite in the book.

Linger was a little slow at first but worth my time. The writing is as usual amazing and the plot.. wow! You can't really expect much from a book that is mainly a love story but count this one out. There's a lot of action and romance and reflections.. that's not all, believe me. But happy ever after is not that easy if it involves angry parents, concerned but unreasonable members of the society and an incurable disease. So be prepared to face it all along with all these awesome characters namely Grace, Sam, Isabelle and Cole. Simply amazing!

Words!

“Most people had an acquired kind of beauty, they became better looking the longer you knew them and the better you loved them, but Cole had unfairly skipped to the end of the game, all jaggedly handsome and Hollywood-looking. Not needing any love to get there.”
_______________________________

“You want to talk? Fine. Talk. Tell me something you've never told anybody else.'
I thought for a moment. 'Turtles have the second-largest brains of any animal on the planet.'
It took Isabel only a second to process this. 'No, they don't.'
'I know that's why I've never told anybody that before.”

Watch:

by Maggie Stiefvater

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE The Wolves of Mercy Falls. And I totally agree with you about Cole and Isabel- I love them more than Grace and Sam, and in Forever, well... <333 read it!! Anyway, great review!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...