Saturday, January 2, 2016

Me and My Bookshelf: My Last 2015 Book Haul

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are recently added to my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like, and recount epic book hauling stories. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

I didn't realize I got this many books in December but I am ecstatic to have all of them!


I was lucky to find all of the titles (left stack) on Book Sale.

The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials #2) by Philip Pullman
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard #1) by Scott Lynch
The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms #3) by Cinda Williams Chima
Cinders & Sapphires (At Somerton #1) by Leila Rasheed
Shadowlands (Shadowlands #1) by Kate Brian
Circus Galacticus by Deva Fagan
The Battle for Skandia (Ranger's Apprentice #4) by John Flanagan

They're less than $4 each :) I haven't really heard anything about Circus Galacticus but I saw it for $0.20 in hardcover and come on! Who would turn their backs on a 20-cent book? The story sounds cool anyway.

I have no idea who sent An Ember in the Ashes but I surprisingly got it in my mail and it basically made my day. Thank you, whoever you are!

And thank you Penguin Random House for the copy of These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly, and HarperCollins for the ARC of Sword and Verse, Down With the Shine and Assassin's Heart.

What books did you recently get?

14 comments:

  1. Great books -- Jennifer Donnelly is one of my favorite YA authors. Shadowlands was fun and Cinders and Sapphires is sort of Downton Abby-ish. Happy reading!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jennifer Donnelly! Revolution is amazing. Thanks, Jen :)

      Delete
  2. Look at all those books! So many to comment on! I read Circus Galatica before my blogging days and I gave it 5 stars then (But my taste has changes a lot in two years) but I remember it being super interesting too. I wasn't so crazy about Sword and Verse, I had a love hate relationship with it. Ohh Down With the Shine! I can't wait to read that beauty!

    I hope you enjoy all your new books!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about reading Sword and Verse next. I really hope I like it. Can't wait to read Down With the Shine, too!

      Thanks, Amber!

      Delete
  3. I recently got a copy of An Ember in the Ashes too! I've heard such good things about it so I hope we both love it! *happy dances*
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently halfway through it and really enjoying it so far! I hope you do, too :)

      Delete
  4. Good deals on your books! I used to make hauls like this, but have tried to tone down my buying sprees. lol I buy books I know I'm going to want to keep or if there is no other way to read it, but I'm really trying -- TRYING -- to keep from having to ask my husband to build me more book shelves. :)

    Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I'll check back later!

    Lori
    http://lori-dustypages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. Shelf space is a big problem of mine. I've also been "trying" to limit my book buying but it's hard to turn away from such great deals! :(

      Delete
  5. AN EMBER IN THE ASHESSSSSS. THE SONG OF ACHILLESSSSSS. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dianne! I just finished An Ember in the Ashes and it's so goood!

      Delete
  6. Down With the Shine looks like a fantastic book!! I'm really hoping you love it. You picked well with your purchases. I've only read The Subtle Knife (which is amazing), but I've heard so much praise for The Song of Achilles and The Lies of Locke Lamora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister recently finished The Subtle Knife. She's really loving this series. I can't wait to start it soon! I've also heard really great things about The Song of Achilles and The Lies of Locke Lamora. So excited to read both of them!

      Delete
  7. Sword & Verse and Assassin's Heart both sound amazing! I don't read too much fantasy, but I'm definitely planning to try those. I've heard so many great things about An Ember in the Ashes, too. I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Montana! I finished An Ember in the Ashes a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read Sword & Verse and Assassin's Heart. I love fantasy! ;)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...