Thursday, January 28, 2016

GFC Followers Drop

Unlike my Instagram or Twitter I don't have as many followers on Google Friend Connect (GFC) so it's easy to notice when someone unfollows.

Yesterday, when I opened my Blogger account I found out someone unfollowed me. Or that's what I thought, at least. I wasn't that sure so I left it alone. I don't really mind the small following - I get steady pageviews and comments on my blog so I know it's not that lonely in here ;) But just a few minutes ago, my GFC followers had a sudden drop. More than 10 unfollows at once! That has never happened in my almost four years of blogging. Until now. At first I thought maybe I offended people with one of my posts, or maybe Blogger is removing inactive accounts. Ha! Close enough.

If this happened to you recently and you are also wondering, here's why:

Source: http://buzz.blogger.com/2015/12/an-update-on-google-friend-connect.html
Eh, I'm not really that fine with this. I think this is part of that One Account for All thing. I know how convenient it can be but some people don't have Google accounts because they DON'T WANT ONE. And making one you probably won't frequent anyway just for the sake of following one or more blogs is... unappealing, to be honest.

So if you are interested in my blog, no pushing here. You can find me on a number of social media platforms (links on the right sidebar) where I share links to my posts and you can also chat me up there. But if you already have a Google account or are willing to make one to follow or re-follow this blog, you are most welcome. And thank you for doing so! :)

What do you think of this change?

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't figure out why this was happening, but with one google search, I found your blog. I didn't understand why I'd lost over 200 GFC followers over the span of a couple days. That didn't even happen to me when I thought I'd quit blogging and stopped posting for a year and a half. Thank you for bringing this up! I'll have to make a post on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to do a bit of googling for this, too. You're welcome!

      Delete
  2. ooohh... so that's why... I thought people were just randomly unfollowing me, hahaha. Thanks for sharing this! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only lost 10 with this sweep but I was PISSED. I wasn't sure why until someone pointed me towards your post. It makes sense now but I am still mad. Some peoples dropped by the hundreds.

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost around 11 or 12 followers. Chey of The Hollow Cupboards lost over 200 as she mentioned on her comment above. OUCH.

      Delete
  4. I was confused about a drop in my followers, thanks for explaining it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...