Saturday, April 12, 2014

Me and My Bookshelf (20): Collective Book Haul

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like, and recount epic book hauling stories. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

Heyhey! Technically, I didn't buy any books last month because I was saving for our Industrial Tour but I did get three for free (that rhymes). I saw pretty great books in the bargain section of my local bookstore so I decided maybe it's time I use my loyalty card e-purse because if I start pulling out some cash, I just might be tempted to pull a lot especially with new arrivals wagging their imaginary eyebrows at me.



Each book was P100.00 ($2.25) in hardcover and excellent condition. I would have also gotten Chime by Franny Billingsley in hardcover (same price and condition) if I didn't put it back on the shelf! Another pair of hands got ahold of it. Grr. I also got:



I've always seen the sequel of this book, Small Steps, in my bookstore but only in passing. Until one time I was like, "Wait, I know this book." and I remembered Christine of polandbananasBOOKS in Youtube saying Holes was a really, really good childhood read (I'm not a child anymore but whatever). It also has high ratings from my GR friends. I was really excited because it meant there has to be Holes - no pun intended - in this bookstore somewhere. There is but it's kinda expensive for a small book. A few weeks later I found one copy on the bargain section for P50 ($1). Used my e-purse for this as well so I got it for free. I heard there's a lot of hole digging going on here.

Thanks a lot NBS!

Next are the books I got on the first week of April. So whenever I travel, it's a habit that in every bookstore I get to visit, I have to buy at least one book that I wouldn't find in the bookstores back home. That's my idea of a souvenir -  it started when I was in high school. This time I got to visit around 10 or more bookstores. Sadly, I wasn't able to buy from all of them since some only have books already available at my local bookstore. And I really don't want to pay extra for excess baggage. How many books can I buy with those?

  


I've been looking for an international edition of Through the Ever Night for a long time. I saw several copies in the airport on my way home but I already bought the last copy I saw on Fully Booked. I mean, I might never saw another copy again in that edition especially with all the recent paperback edition released so I didn't dare let go of it. Also, there was a sale on FB that day so, yay!

On that note, I am also looking for international editions of The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare and Partials by Dan Wells. If you guys ever see these (in person, I don't trust buying these online since they might send me a totally different one) or you have one and you're willing to let them go, please, please, please, tell me. I'm gonna buy them.

   


 


I found Ascendant on bargain and I got it for only P100. Also got Finale for a cheap price, P230 ($5).

So I met up with my sister before I went home. We were at Fully Booked; I've already paid for my books but she's still looking for something to buy when I saw this:


..and started squealing like mad. It's what my sister bought it in the end. Now I'm waiting for updates from her if this is as good as everybody says. Hopefully she'll love it so I can tell her to buy the rest of the series and mail them to me if she's done *evil laughter*. Don't look at me like that. I'm always buying books for her :)

What did you guys get this week? Today? Last week? Last month? Comment belooow! Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! I've heard great things about The Beautiful and The Cursed and The Final Empire! I llooooved All Our Yesterdays! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so excited to read all of them especially All Our Yesterdays.

      Delete
  2. You've got Half Bad! Ohmy I want that book so bad.
    Which NBS did you went? I haven't seen any bargains from the branches I went to.
    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got Half Bad at Mall of Asia. Mostly I saw paperback copies of it in different NBS branches. I went to a lot of them so I can't remember much but they have it. LOL. We have a lot of great bargain books in my local bookstore here in Bacolod :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...