Monday, April 21, 2014

Book-ish News and Updates

Well, hey, I'm back! I must admit.. blog's constantly silent this month. A lot of stuff has to be done so I didn't have much time to make a post or write a review. I also haven't read that many books and I'm so far behind my reading challenges but that's not the reason why I recently locked myself in my room with my TBR pile. I wasn't in a reading slump and I really badly want to pick up a book but school stuff can't be ignored eventhough it's summer.

I really, really miss reading one book after another and then here's this four day break from work and school - the perfect opportunity to just stay home and not go out for a minute or talk to people - I haven't done that in a long time. Sometimes it feels like I'm only home to sleep and shower (I do most of my blogging while hanging out at my mom's office). So I used that time to read nonstop. Not even to blog, afraid I'd break my binge. Not that an apocalypse can detach me from my book, really. I can't even be bothered to move myself and just check my emails. I keep saying, "Maybe later." until eventually it's "nevermind". That's how much I missed it. It's a great feeling.

So just a couple of news and updates:

1) IF I STAY MOVIE TRAILER

The debut trailer was out. I saw it before I went MIA (missing internet action). Everybody read the book? To those who haven't yet, please remind yourself before you do that just because most of us cried reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman, you expect it to make you cry as well. Don't do that. It ruins the experience. It's a beautiful book, really. Probably the first ever contemporary I've loved. And the trailer was so good it made me cry. Especially when I heard that song in the middle.



2) THE 5th WAVE MOVIE

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - I actually haven't read this yet but it's one of those books that I immediately bought when I saw it in the bookstore because "I can't wait to read it too!". There was a lot of buzz about how amazing this is and I really am excited to read it because, duh, aliens. But maybe, soon. Or later. Anyway, Chloe Moretz (who also plays the role of Mia in If I Stay) will play the role of Cassie (she's the main character, I guess) so I think the movie is now a real deal. More here.

3) THE YOUNG ELITES HAS A COVER


The new series by Marie Lu, who wrote the amazing Legend trilogy. "Think X-Men meets Assassin’s Creed 2 meets Game of Thrones.", that's what it says on the author's Tumblr plus these wicked pictures:


More pictures here!

4) READING UPDATES

Well, I've been torturing myself. I reread Champion by Marie Lu, Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi, How To Love by Katie Cotugno. I also read Stolen by Lucy Christopher. Talk about a cry-fest and not to mention the other books I read this past four days made me teary and almost crying one way or another. I even meant to finally pick up Allegiant by Veronica Roth next. After all that. But I thought, nah, it's summer here. Probably a good thing if I don't leak too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...