Saturday, May 16, 2015

5 Quotes From Favorite Books

Listed in no particular order, here are some quotes for you from books I highly recommend.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
by Colleen Clayton
Published: October 9, 2012


How can you talk about something you can’t remember?
Witty and poignant, Colleen Clayton’s stunning debut is a story about moving on after the unthinkable happens.

Why you should read it: This book is heartbreaking but beautiful. If you're looking for something real, this is for you. Also, Corey is amazing.






The Scorpio Races
by Maggie Stiefvater
Published: October 18, 2011



It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.

Why you should read it: Two words - magical realism. It has killer water horses! And the writing is beautiful. Slow, but has a lot of impact.




Warm Bodies
(Warm Bodies #1)
by Isaac Marion
Published: October 28, 2010



R is a young man with an existential crisis--he is a zombie. Scary, funny, and surprisingly poignant, Warm Bodies is about being alive, being dead and the blurry line in between.

Why you should read it: I love R. 'Nuff said. Read my full review HERE. The movie is also worth watching.


Across a Star-Swept Sea 
(For Darkness Shows the Stars #2)
by Diana Peterfreund
Published: October 15, 2013



In this thrilling adventure inspired by The Scarlet Pimpernel, Diana Peterfreund creates an exquisitely rendered world where nothing is as it seems and two teens with very different pasts fight for a future only they dare to imagine.

Why you should read it: Great story, characters, and romance. Can't get enough of this. Espionage!


Golden
by Jessi Kirby
Published: May 14, 2013



Seventeen-year-old Parker Frost has never taken the road less traveled. So when fate drops a clue in her lap—one that might be the key to unraveling a town mystery—she decides to take a chance.

Why you should read it: The story is beautiful and moving. It will make you cry!

9 comments:

  1. Great collection of quotes! Really like the Warm Bodies quote, as I've felt that way a few times and I'm not even a zombie! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! There are a lot of quotes like this in Warm Bodies. It's one of the reasons why I loved the book.

      Delete
  2. Loved the quotes from Across a Star Swept Sea and Golden! These two are two of my really favorite writers because their writing just reach out to you. Great graphics, too!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; I loved Across a Star Swept Sea and Golden so much. And thank you!

      Delete
  3. I'm ashamed to say I need to read all of these still! They all sound fabulous though so at least I have something to look forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOLDEN! OMG. That is one of my favorite books. I had so many feels in that book and I wish more than anything I had a copy of it when I was navigating high school. I also am really interested in What Happens Next- I LOVED that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the passages you quoted! I hope to read these books for I never heard of them. Well, expect Golden and Warm Bodies. I have not read the book of Warm Bodies but I have watches the movie. :)

    Yani @ www.paperboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quotes! I really loved the quotes from What Happens Next, Across a Star-Swept Sea and Golden. I'll have to add a few new books to my TBR. I've been planning on reading Warm Bodies, but haven't gotten to it. I'll have to get it now, though. I think everyone can recognize that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Warm Bodies has really great writing (and the main character is a zombie) :D

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...