Friday, May 29, 2015

Review: The Mistake by Elle Kennedy

The Mistake
(Off-Campus #2)
by Elle Kennedy
Published: April 28, 2015




He’s a player in more ways than one…

College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.


Now he’s going to need to up his game…


After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.



I'll make this quick since I am already a bit sleepy :) I gave this book 3 stars. I liked it and I enjoyed reading it but there was something missing. I enjoyed The Deal so much (read my review of The Deal HERE) so the expectation was a bit high. I won't say The Mistake is not worth checking out because it is. The writing is great, the book is hilarious, Logan and Grace are cool.. I see why a lot of people love it.

The Mistake is Logan and Grace's story set not long after the events of The Deal. Logan is a womanizing jock and Grace has a tendency to ramble when it comes to cute guys etc etc.. you get the gist. Then by coincidence Logan ends up in Grace's dorm room, something happens and the story goes on from there.

I really liked Logan in The Deal so I was looking forward to reading his story and finding out how this "thing" he got with Hannah that started in the first book is going to be resolved. It didn't surprise me that it was Hannah who set it straight. That's just her, you know? You sit and you talk about it until you have answers - that's what I love most about her and Garrett. And that is where The Mistake fell a bit short for me.

So yeah.. college jocks and weekend parties and hook-ups are common in books especially a contemporary romance but still, The Deal stood out. Why? Mainly because Hannah and Garrett are awesome together, and also because out of all the other NA books I've read it is, I think, one of the most realistic. I love that Ms. Kennedy's characters take college seriously. But The Mistake, I'm sad to say, fell into the typical category. It's just the way Logan and Grace are with each other and how the conflicts in their relationship were dealt with that made the overall feel I have towards the book a little.. meh. Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of great things in this book like Garrett and Logan's friendship, not to mention Logan's family problems and his expected future made my heart squeeze. But I was counting so much on the main characters to make it special.

Despite that, I still recommend this book. I can't wait for Dean's story! Also, can we have a Birdie and Natalie short story or novella? I don't care if it's only 5 pages. I still want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...