Thursday, January 2, 2014

December Reads + Monthly Recap + 2013 Wrap-up

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! It's 2014 now but even if that is the case, I still have a few things to say about 2013..

December was an incredibly busy month. We had our prelim exams, club outreaches and then Christmas break! I really hoped I would have time to catch up with blogging because of this. My mom had other plans, though. She made me do a lot of her office works (tons of encoding) since, yeaaaah, it's break. So I was only able to make.. like.. 10 posts?

November Reads + Monthly Recap
2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
Release Day Blitz + Excerpt: Savor by Kate Evangelista
December New Releases: Part 1
Review: Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan
Top 10 Books I'm Looking Forward To in 2014
Top 10 of 2013: Best Book Boyfriends
Top 10 of 2013: Best Couples
Top 10 of 2013: Best Book Covers
Top 10 of 2013: Best Books I've Read


It was so crazy at home that I can't concentrate on writing anything. My relatives were here for the holidays and my birthday and on top of that my little sister has yet to pack for her 5 month OJT which means all the things she need are still scattered everywhere and she's always out doing whatever. Who does she expect to do the packing?

Another thing.. my dad made me a new bookshelf!! My third bookshelf. Woooooh! My new year/birthday gift though I'm pretty sure it just pains both my parents to see all those boxes and books covering my bedroom floor almost entirely the reason why they made me another - birthday or no. So that's what I did on the 31st while waiting for the clock to stike 12 - putting my books in my shelf. And there's very, very little space left. I swear those boxes will resume their jobs by the end of this month.

SO yeah, that's about it. The coolest part.. the last month of 2013 I read..











An On Dublin Street Christmas (On Dublin Street #1.1) by Samantha Young
Mrs. Maddox (Beautiful #1.5) by Jamie McGuire
The Bitch Strikes Back by Emma Chase
The Honeymoon's Over by Emma Chase
What A Difference a Year Makes by Emma Chase


Heck, YEAH! Way to end the year, right? And since I am in the process of looking back, might as well look way farther.

2013 was..

Lots of blogging
My stats:
175 blog posts
59 book reviews
Most popular post: 6000+ views
Review: Double Crossed by Ally Carter

I'm no blogger extraordinaire but I'm proud to have those numbers above.


Lots and lots of reading

According to Goodreads I read 167 books this 2013 (not including DNFs, of course). But that includes novellas and short stories. You don't really expect me to count them by categories? Still, I was able to read a total of 47, 461 pages. Woah. That's like reading 40 physics and chemistry books as thick as the ones I have at home. Only a less stressful version.


Lots of studying
Not that I'm a very studious person but I do study :)

Lots of partying
Two words. Stress. Reliever.


Lots of reaching out and helping people

Aside from the constant environmental cleaning, tree planting, outreaches and gift giving we do as a way of giving back to the community, it is uplifting to see that despite the great challenges our country faced this year, we see the smiles and courage of everyone knowing deep in our hearts that through our little way of offering help, we are a few of the millions responsible for putting those smiles on their faces.

And lastly, I'm 20!!!!!!!!

No longer a teen though I certainly don't feel any older. Bwahahaha.

2014 will be..

One word. AMAZING. No new year's resolution for me, as usual. I'll figure all I have to improve or change about myself along the way. But one thing is for sure.. I'm going to make this one helluva a year! Of course, it's not guaranteed to be a perfectly happy and 100% successful one but so what? We'll all have our down moments and it's totally okay to mope about it for a few minutes - one hour tops - learn from it, and then give it a slap in the face and a swift kick in the butt.

I hope you all had a wonderful year as well. Lots of love for you this 2014! Rock on, fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...