Thursday, January 16, 2014

Book Cover Battle: The Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier

I could've made this post yesterday but just as I was about to start my classmate called and asked me where I was. It was around 2PM and I haven't had lunch yet so I told him I'll eat first then go back to school.. to play Bingo! It was my first time and I had a lot of fun even though I did not win. I had 5 playing cards, darn it! It would have been better if the guys shut up instead of hovering and saying "there goes another number here.. and there.. and another one there.." and "only two left on this card.. four here.." and "you're going to win" then discussing how we're gonna spend the prize. Did I mention how the letters and numbers were called off really fast? With my other classmate asking me to mark his card whenever his number comes up and the 5 I have, my neck, my eyes and my ears are hurting afterwards. I didn't know Bingo could be so exhausting.

Anyway, that's enough Bingo. Today is really about The Ruby Red Trilogy or the Precious Stone Trilogy cover battle. The series was originally written in German (Edelstein-Trilogie) and was translated into so many languages which means that it also has different covers for every edition.

German Edition:
  
These covers remind me of The Lynburn Legacy novellas.

Now these editions are my top favorite.

UK Edition:
  
Gorgeoooouuuuus! Not just the dresses but the background as well. And very English.

US Edition:
  
The ladies on the UK cover plus the swirls. Love the overall appearance. Also I think the designs are metallic. On the physical copy of the book, I mean. I can't be sure since I don't own them. Yet.

Italian Edition:
  
A lot different from the previous two. This one is gorgeous in a spine-tingling way.

I don't know if these covers relate to the story since I haven't read it but I will (probably next month). I heard it's really good and that it's a time travel story which is exciting since I haven't read much from this genre. I'm also excited to start this because I've only ever read one book originally written by a German author and that was Inkspell by Cornelia Funke. I really loved that book but nope, I haven't read Inkheart (just saw the movie) nor Inkdeath.

Any thoughts on the covers or about the book? Leave me a comment below.

4 comments:

  1. I own the italian edition of this series and even though I like it, I prefer the uk edition because it looks more related to the plot and, like you said, the background is really good! Non to mention the dress, am I wrong or it's the same in all the three covers (apart from the colour)?
    I also like the us edition because it seems to shine (from what I've seen in several video on youtube)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think the dresses have the same design. I also saw this trilogy on several book haul videos of my favorite booktubers. They look really pretty and shiny! :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...