Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Book Cover Battle: US vs UK - Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Hello! Well, it's almost 4PM where I am and... I just woke up. I ALMOST had a heart attack. I was expecting it to be 11 or 12! Man. Don't get me wrong. I had a REALLY early start. So I slept around 8PM, woke up at 12 midnight, work (on my computer in my room), slept again around 9 in the morning and bam! Here we are. I live a weird life.

Anyway, today I am going to feature another US vs UK Book Cover Battle and it is going to be.... Uprooted by Naomi Novik.

I've heard so many AMAZING things about this book and I am dying to read it but why haven't I? Well, take a second to look at these covers:

 
US on the left, UK on the right

“Our Dragon doesn’t eat the girls he takes, no matter what stories they tell outside our valley. We hear them sometimes, from travelers passing through. They talk as though we were doing human sacrifice, and he were a real dragon. Of course that’s not true: he may be a wizard and immortal, but he’s still a man, and our fathers would band together and kill him if he wanted to eat one of us every ten years. He protects us against the Wood, and we’re grateful, but not that grateful.”

It's a fantasy book with magical elements. It was shelved as a fairy tale on Goodreads. So personally, I think the US cover fits that story better. The first time I saw it I was like, I want that book. I want whatever world that book is going to bring me in.

Then I started hearing raves about the gorgeous UK cover. And get this: it is also available IN HARDCOVER which looks like this in person:

This isn't my picture. I saw this on http://liveotherwise.co.uk/

It's metallic. And gold. So shiny. If I have to choose only one hardcover to buy, it's gonna be the UK edition. But no one's making me so I'm going to buy BOTH. But not at the same time because, guess what, they're freaking expensive.

Cover: Definitely US for me. Hardcover? BOTH.

What about you? US or UK?

8 comments:

  1. I think I prefer the Uk cover, I like the cartoony style and how the tower it's shadow falls on the land and the house in the shadow has a different colour. Oh and that hardcopy is even prettier with the metalic glint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the cartoony style of the UK cover as well. And the color schemes! I bet it's even more gorgeous in person.

      Thanks for stopping by, Lola!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Lola! I am usually partial to US covers, but sometimes UK covers beath us out... as is the case with this one, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I could name a few UK covers I prefer over US. haha. The first edition of Throne of Glass, for instance :)

      Delete
  3. I remember I saw this book (the US cover) some time ago on Goodreads and really wanted to get it! The UK cover is so beautiful too!! But I think I still like the US version better :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the US cover better because it has a real fairy tale feel but honestly both are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I was introduced to the book with the UK cover on booktube, but I had seen the north american cover, I would have never bought it because I think it looks kitschy and juvenile.
    Thankfully I ordered the UK cover through the glorious internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a truly good site post. Not too many people would actually, the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, with so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews, than by all means come in and check our stuff.
    UK

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...