Friday, April 26, 2013

Review: With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent

With All My Soul (Soul Screamers #7)
by Rachel Vincent
Published: March 26, 2013



What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.

But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has...

Oh, for gods’ freaking sake. WHY DID IT HAVE. TO. END?! Well, yeah, we all have to say goodbyes to our beloved stories, eventually. Doesn’t mean I’d take it as easily as a walk through the park though. It’s hard letting go of something that has left a big impression in your heart. Soul Screamers definitely did in mine. I started reading this series way before I was introduced to the blogging world so I was a little fuzzy on details that I decided to re-read it right from the start before I have to face the inevitable ending. It’s as much of a preparation I can get as well as buying more time before I have to read With All My Soul. And the time I spent reliving it all was worth it. I still remember what it felt like the very first time I read this series. How amazed I was with its originality, the characters and the first sentence that immediately made me like Kaylee:

“So…do I get a chance to earn your trust?”
My pulse jumped. Was he serious?
I should’ve said no. I should have thanked him for helping me at Taboo, then left with him staring after me from his front yard. But I wasn’t strong enough to resist those dimples. Even knowing how many other girls had probably failed that same task. I blame my weakness on the recent panic attack.
“How?” I asked finally, then flushed when he grinned. He’d known I’d give in.
“Come over tomorrow night?”
To his house? No way. I was weak-willed, not stupid.

And every time anticipating what these teenagers have planned to solve the problems they’ve faced even if I’ve certainly known it before. Through it all, I’ve met awesome characters of different traits and species; I’ve also grieved the loss of several of them along the way and every time, I find it hard not to be affected emotionally. I’m so attached to everything in these books that it made it much harder to let go.

With All My Soul ended perfectly. It was brilliant and the plot was flawless, everything was in its place and despite the fact that it is the last book, there is still a lot to look forward to. I couldn’t have asked for a better one. It’s a happy ending but the loss and heartbreak and the sacrifices everyone has gone through in order to achieve that well placed story was enough to pull you up to your most intense emotions before it leaves you breathless with the unforgettable experience. Rachel Vincent is a genius for making such a dark, twisted albeit wonderful world of humans and bean sidhes, maras, reapers, necromancers, incubi, syphons, hypnos and hellions. So, yes. The printed words might have ended but it will forever live in my heart and mind. That much I’m sure.


So right you are!

Words!

“Time is on our side, youth is our immortal legacy, and you are all I’ve ever wanted. This could be the best night of our afterlives.”
-Tod
________________________

My parents had to be the most romantic couple in history, which would have been mind-blowingly cool...if their love story didn’t have the most tragic ending ever.
-Kaylee
________________________

And he could be something great if he’d stop looking at life as a challenge to be conquered rather than an opportunity to be seized.
-Kaylee
________________________

Anything that wanted Sophie would have to go through Luca first, and seeing them together made my heart ache.

Seeing Emma alone made my heart ache even more.

Not seeing my dad in his bed—not hearing him snore in the middle of an otherwise quiet night—also made my heart ache so fiercely I let it stop beating altogether, just to spare myself the pain.
-Kaylee
________________________

“These eyes scare me on a daily basis, because they see more of me than I’d even thought possible. They see all of me. And they show me things, too.” He kissed each of my eyebrows, and tears blurred my vision. “These beautiful blue eyes show me all the things you’d be willing to do for the people you care about. The things you would give up. The pain you would put yourself through for anyone you love—including me—and I can hardly stand to look into these eyes sometimes, because when I do, I know that you’re going to do what needs to be done, even if that might take you away from me. From all of us.”
-Tod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...