Monday, April 1, 2013

Review: Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2)
by Jamie McGuire
Publication Date: April 2, 2013



Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

I am a big fan of Beautiful Disaster. So when I heard of the sequel - in Travis' POV - I was predictably ecstatic and began counting down the days until publication date. Fortunately, I was approved for an advanced copy which I immediately read. And did I like it? Yes. But not as much as the first book.

Walking Disaster started very well. In fact, I was having positively high hopes about the whole book thinking  it's going to be different. The prologue was touching and plays a big part in Travis' life that it actually made me a little teary-eyed. I liked being in Travis' head. He's sweet, funny, a good friend and son despite his messed-up life and short temper. But as much as I'm loving the experience, I can't help being lost in some parts of the book. There are certain parts that seems too abrupt and I'm suddenly wondering what happened in between. So it's probably best if you've read Beautiful Disaster. I was really hoping for more intense emotions from this book considering it's Travis'. We got to see his good and bad side but other than that it's just like.. yeaaah.

I haven't seen much difference except maybe the prologue and epilogue. That's something you really have to look forward to in the book because I assure you, it's not in Beautiful Disaster. Especially the last part! It is the perfect ending to their story compared to the first. It left me very satisfied. To sum it all up, Walking Disaster is a very nice read. Those of you who are pining for Travis, well, just watch out. You'll finally have a piece of what's on his mind during all those times he is finally fighting for what he never thought he's capable of. Falling in love.

PS:
Happy birthday TRAVIS!

Words!

“One of these days you're going to fall in love, son. Don't settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn't come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never”

"Your mom wants to be here with you. She wants that very much. But Jesus wants her with him right now."
I frowned. "I need her more than Jesus does.”

More quotes..

*eARC received from Atria Books and Netgalley*

1 comment:

  1. Hi Haraiah,
    Like your review. I see, we share some similar books taste and view so I hope we will keep in touch.
    Lucie
    http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...