Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)
by Maggie Stiefvater
Published: July 12, 2011




then.
When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their loved moved from curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.

now.
That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be kill in one final, spectacular hunt.

forever.
Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment - a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.

I seriously did not expect to love this series as much as I did. And knowing that it is going to end, it's kind of hard for me to let it go, as all other finales do to me. I'm just so glad that I decided to read The Wolves of Mercy Falls in the first place because if I did not, well, I wouldn't know. But missing something as amazing as this would be a shame.

Honestly, Linger (book 2) came off a bit slow for my liking but it was still good and I loved it. When I started Forever, I got progressively worried about the pacing and I'm thinking "What the hell is happening?". I even decided to leave it unfinished for a while but one time when I was on my way home and I was thinking about books, I suddenly realized how much I miss Sam, Grace, Isabel and Cole. Then I promised to myself that as soon as I get home, I'm going to pick it up again and finish it. It felt like the best decision I've made that day.

Forever was amazing! Especially when it got closer and closer to the ending. Lots of action and romance and heartbreak. Genius plot. Amazing prose. It was everything I could hope for. I was sad that it's over but equally satisfied. Every character gets to have their ending, not definite but you'll have a clear idea of what may happen after that. And I am not ashamed to say that I cried so hard reading it. I loved Forever! No, actually, I loved them all.

Review: Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)
Review: Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2)

Words!

“Here’s what I know about Cole,” Jeremy said. Punctuated by the silence, it sounded like he was in a pulpit. “Cole’s religion is debunking the impossible. He doesn’t believe in impossible. He doesn’t believe in no. Cole’s religion is waiting for someone to tell him it can’t be done so he can do it. Anything. Doesn’t matter what that something is, so long as it can’t be done. Here’s an origin story for you. In the beginning of time there was an ocean and a void, and God made the ocean into the world and he made the void into Cole.”
__________________________

Grace and Sam had engaged in a wordless argument that somehow managed to involve only their eyes and then she had won, because she started making scones, and Sam had sulked on the couch with his guitar. If she and Sam ever had kids, they’d be gluten intolerant out of self-defense.
___________________________


“You’re assuming they would listen to me,” I said. Cole lifted his hands off the roof of the Volkswagen; cloudy fingerprints evaporated seconds after he did. “We all listen to you, Sam.” He jumped to the pavement. “You just don’t always talk to us.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...