Saturday, February 9, 2013

I'm BACK To READING! + Weekend Plans

Hell week is officially over! I finished my last exam at around 8PM yesterday and the guys decided to do that elevator thing again which I gladly declined, saying I'd take the stairs instead. I really don't want to end up being stuck inside on the off-chance that it WILL malfunction this time especially if I am about bursting with relief that exams are over but the traitors suddenly pulled me inside. Good thing they noticed the camera and decided against it or by some leap of faith we'd all end up at the Discipline Office by Monday.

When I got home, I noticed my sister's school bag on the couch and asked my 5-year old cousin if she's home. He told me he's at the back playing the piano so instead of reading, I decided to hang-out with her. I played the piano; my older cousin sprawled on the floor, music sheets around him, listening to some song while studying the notes; and I can hear my sister and another cousin in the adjacent room dancing, feet pounding and laughing. Total chaos. And evidently the start of a good weekend.



When I got back to the house after an hour I was thinking it's time I attack my TBR pile like the book maniac that I am but first, I need sleep. Like a hell lot of sleep. I've been sleeping for no more than 2-hours this week and then I got a text.

Him: Rai, wear something formal tomorrow. Meet me at school, 9AM. We have a defense.
Me: What? What do you mean formal? And what defense?
Him: Club Accreditation Defense
Me: GREAT.

So I was back to my no-breakfast-late-lunch routine. I had a club meeting this morning organizing and preparing everything we need for an upcoming party and then defense after. I love today's outfit, by the way:



This plus black fitted slacks and pink super high-heeled shoes.

Fashion inspiration:

Anne Hathaway from The Devil Wears Prada

And now here I am, trying to get back to my original plan which consists of a movie later with my sister and if I am not tired enough maybe go to the Bacolaodiat Festival.

About Bacolaodiat Festival

All through out the world, the Chinese New Year explodes with firecrackers and dragon and lion dances and is observed with religious rituals, gift giving and family feasts.

In Bacolod City, it will be marked with dazzling illuminated colorful giant lanterns, lighted floats, fireworks, a Chinese food alley and cultural dances.

This is Bacolod's very own Chinese New year Festival--Bacolaodiat! It comes from the words "Bacolod" & "Lao Diat" (Fookien word for celebration).

http://bacolaodiat.com

Last year's Bacolaodiat:

 


 



 Photos from: http://bacolaodiat.com/

A little sneak-peek for this year:



That's all, folks! HAPPY WEEKEND! :)

2 comments:

  1. Lunar New Years! Whoop! Where the yummiest of the yummiest of the yummiest candies around! ^_^ And another day in which you can stay up late, lol.

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? HAHA! There's a lot of activities to watch out for! :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...