Saturday, December 15, 2012

Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opal (Lux #3)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: December 11, 2012




No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.


But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! That's all I got. I'm outta here. I can't.. ohmygod. Three words. WHAT THE F*CK? This book sucked on an epic level. Okay, before you cut my head off for saying those words, it was really Katy’s. She said, and I quote “It sucked—sucked worse than people who pirated books, sucked more than waiting a year for the next book in a beloved series, and sucked more than a brutal cliffhanger ending.”

And damn if it isn't.

Now, before we get to that heart-dropping, hair-tearing, wall punching, I-want-to-kill-SOMEONE-ing, mother-effing ending, let’s get to the part where we usually start a review without stellar profanities leaving out of my mouth. And I really don’t want to go to that part.

So let's start with:

Daemon! Ohmygod, Daemon.. If it's possible to love him much more than before, then that's where I'm heading. No, wait, I'm already there! He's really sweet, caring and just amazing. Still a jerk of course, to SOME (yeah, guess who) but not to Katy. I so love them together; jealousy, lover's quarrel and other stuff like that aside. But hey! If their relationship is perfect I probably wouldn't be a fan of it. Still love Katy. She knows the mistakes she's made and tries to make-up for it especially to Dee. And wow, look at that. Someone's back. If you've hated him before, you're going to skin that idiot alive in Opal. That's all I'm saying because right now, just writing about him makes me want to puke rainbow curses. Should I mention what he did? Of course not; it would definitely spoil you. Saying that it's extraordinarily maddening is spoiler enough, ask Sheldon. LOL!

The ending. Picture me stomping and bawling like a baby. Just do it since I don't put gifs in my reviews, and I trust your better imaginations so.. picture THE WORST! I can't stop thinking about it days after I knew what misery I have to go through before I read the next book. No, seriously, I think that was a good ending. If it didn't end like that, I wouldn't know what to expect of the next book, or if there will ever be one.

Opal has lots of twists and turns, some of them I saw coming but still left me a lot to ponder. It's pretty clear how much I love JLA. Her writing is wonderful, the snark, the characters, the plot. To sum it all up, just WOW! What a year-ender. Well, what have we got here. I was ecstatic; I laughed, I got teary, I gasped, I swooned.. Emotion overload, I know. But that's how I get when a book really gets to me. Don't believe me? Read and find it out for yourself.

Words!

I grabbed his arm and started pulling him to the steps.
“Okay, well, this has been nice…”
Mom folded her arms.
“Katy, what did I tell you about the bedroom?”
And here I thought my face couldn’t get any redder.
 “Mom…” I tugged on Daemon’s arm. He didn’t move.
Her expression remained the same.
I sighed.
“Mom, it’s not like we’re going to have sex with you home.”
“Well, honey, it’s good to know that you only have sex when I’m not home.”
Daemon coughed as he fought a smile.

“Race you, brother,” Dawson called.
Go, I mouthed at Daemon.
He sent me a quick smile and then trotted up to his brother. “You know you’re going to lose.”
“Probably, but hey, it’s good for your ego, right?”

Watch!

2 comments:

  1. OKay, so I still need to read the second book so I can't read your review. But the last paragraph makes me hopeful this series it still good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same as above ^ I've only read Obsidian. Some things about it I disliked but I really did love the book. I can tell from your first paragraph this one was good :) Can't wait to read it! I did sneak a peek at the quotes though, hilarious!

    P.S. Team Darkling FTW.
    P.P.S. I also would like a black kefta.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...