Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 Books That Made Me Cry

You know it's a good book if it spills out heartfelt emotions from you. I'm not talking about heartfelt dislike or hatred for the book; I'm pretty sure you know what I mean. I do feel a lot when I get carried away reading especially ones that are so skillfully written and gives me the heart-clenching, punch-in-the-gut-feeling, making me scream, gasp, teary-eyed..

But there are only a select few of those books that made honest-to-goodness bucketful of tears stream down my face. Books that I consider really special and memorable. That's why I'm putting them in my 2012 list, because they certainly made a place in my heart this year!


The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green

Of course I cried. I cried A LOT. But the part where I cried so hard I was having difficulty breathing was Augustus' letter. Reading it is like looking at the bigger picture of the entire journey you've had with this book up until the time where you are reading that letter.



Tiger Lily 
by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Another letter that made me cry. Peter's letter this time. I also cried reading that letter in Message In A Bottle. It's not a habit or something, I just find letters very sincere and open and very different from things said verbally.




Will Grayson, Will Grayson
by John Green and David Levithan

I cried, not because it ended with a letter like the previous two nor was it sad. It actually had a beautiful and happy ending. It's just that the performance was epic and I was moved by it all, especially Tiny. I really love Tiny Cooper!



Where She Went
by Gayle Forman

After all Mia and Adam have been through together and apart, the love, the loss, facing the ghost of their pasts, accepting the truth and finally letting go.. I loved Adam's point of view and wow, did it not break me. 



Shine
by Jeri Smith-Ready

I cried only once in Shine. And it's at the very first part of the book. Actually, I cried reading the whole series and it's mostly because of Logan, the love of my life. Shine started right where Shift ended which is where I cried the worst. I'm not ready to let go of Logan yet!



2 comments:

  1. I loved the fault in our stars too an the last couple of pages had me bawling.
    ~Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was crying in school when I was reading TFiOS!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...