Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Top 10 Books of 2012

This is an amazing year! I've read a lot of good books this 2012 but of course, there are those that really stood out. So without further ado, here are 10 of my favorite books this year:




10. Awry (The Archers of Avalon #2) by Chelsea Fine | Review

I liked Anew but this one is much, much better! The fact that the first book ended with a cliffhanger made me want this so bad. It did not disappoint me like most of us worry about when it comes to sequels.

9. Obsidian (Lux #1) 
by Jennifer L. Armentrout 

I know. I can't believe I've set this aside for who-knows-how-long before I finally picked it up. I really thought this isn't my type of book, turns out I'm missing something amazing. I was crazy afterwards and suggested to my sister that she has to read it immediately. She said she doesn't want to so I told her to try just one chapter, see if she likes it. When I checked back on her, she's halfway through. See?






8. Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch  Chronicles #1)
by Jessica Spotswood

I love witches. But that's not why this book is in my list. Born Wicked is amazing.  I'm not much into historical fiction but this book is just magical, suspenseful and definitely a page turner. 







7. Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu

Ah. I wouldn't hope for much better characters. I love Day and June! Like soo much. I love where they stand in the story and how they were portrayed. I just LOVE Legend!!! I can't wait to read more of it!







6. The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) 
by Rick Riordan | Review

I don't have to explain anything. Rick Riordan is a master. This book is full of adventure, laughter, friendship and anything else I want in a book. I'm amazed with every turn of the page. I can't get enough, so you'd know how I felt when it ended. Ugh! Dying..






5. Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles #1) by Kresley Cole


Dark and thrilling. This book is every bit original and I can't help but fall in love with it.  I haven't read any book by Kresley Cole but this is her first YA, I absolutely loved the writing and the concept. Can't wait to read the next book!





4. Where She Went (If I Stay #2)
by Gayle Forman 

First time I finished Where She Went, I wanted to re-read it immediately. I have a very short list of contemporary novels I loved and this book is no doubt on top. I cried so hard. Everything is beautiful; the writing, the story. I can feel everything along with the characters; hurt, love, loss. This book is absolutely amazing.





3. The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2)
by Michelle Hodkin

Now this book got me on a roller coaster ride of  emotion. One time I am swooning, and grinning  and the next I am all 'Ohmygod', and 'no way', and  'wtf?!'. This book is just soo damn good I don't want to stop reading until eventually, I am seeing the word ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and then screaming 'WHAT?! NOOOO!!'. 






2. Hemlock (Hemlock #1) by Kathleen Peacock | Review

Best werewolf book EVER! I love the characters especially Mac. Kyle is dreamy. *sigh* I want to read this again and again and again. I got this in e-book so when I finished reading it, all I'm thinking is 'there's no way I'm not buying a printed copy of Hemlock'.




Best Book of 2012

The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green

Okay, no words. Speechless. Just read the review, please??

1 comment:

  1. I've also really loved almost all these books! :) Obsidian, Awry, Hemlock and Legend were all amazing. I also really want to start The Fault in The Stars soon, with all the great reviews it haas received.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...