Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night
(Under the Never Sky #2)
by Veronica Rossi
Published: January 8, 2013




Buy from Amazon
National Book Store

It's been months since Aria learned of her mother's death.

Months since Perry became Blood Lord of the Tides, and months since Aria last saw him.


Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first.

Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindly to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist?

Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and sci-fi elements to create a captivating adventure-and a love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

Situation: You read a recently released book in a series and you like it so much you want the next book so bad but you have to wait a freaking year. And when the sequel is finally out you can’t even bring yourself to pick it up? Does this sound familiar? I mean, do you get like this, too? Because I do. I don’t mean all the time but it happens to me a lot and I honestly don’t know why. Through the Ever Night is one example.

More than two years after I read Under the Never Sky and me finally bought my copy of Through the Ever Night (only a month later did I read it). Of course, I couldn’t remember all the specifics of the story so I had to reread Under the Never Sky first although I did remember Roar being a hot one ;)

Digression: I went to Veronica Rossi’s signing last month and it was the first time I saw Under the Never Sky’s book trailer. I was right. Roar is hot. Nice trailer, by the way. Although that is not how I imagine Aria and Perry to look like. Perry doesn't look like a "savage" here! AT ALL. A tattered shirt won't do. LOL.



Brief discussion of book one: Under the Never sky was one of those books I’ve never heard reviews about before picking it up. I’m pretty sure I didn’t read the summary as well. I just felt like reading it as soon as I saw it on display in a bookstore. I was really surprised when I checked it out on Goodreads afterwards that a lot of people liked it, too, because there were a lot of parts that I found weird and had to adjust to, a reaction I thought was the same to some. The world-building was also something I’ve never heard of before. I’m not bothered by it though and I certainly loved the whole thing especially the romance and the characters.

Back to the main topic: I loved Through the Ever Night so much I kind of want to beat myself for not reading it sooner. Good thing about that was I didn’t have to wait another second for the sequel which I already have. Bad thing? That sequel is also the last book in this series which meant I couldn’t delay the inevitable any longer especially since not picking it up like I did Through the Ever Night when it was released is not an option. Kind of complicated, isn’t it? Goddamn these books for making us feel this way.

What to expect in this book? That it’s better if not good (or is it the other way around?). A lot of action; romance and humor here and there, and palm-slapping-pillow feels. I love Perry and Aria together and individually. The added tension to their relationship because of Perry's status and Aria's Dweller-ness kept me rooted to my seat in anticipation of more conflicts with the tribe and the Still Blue, and how Veronica Rossi is going to resolve it. Also, I love Roar even more!

There really isn't a single word in the book I felt like skipping. The whole concept of the series is just brilliant and amazing that I urge everyone to pick this series up if you haven't yet. The most important thing about this is that Through the Ever Night did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...