Friday, May 2, 2014

Review: Eternally Yours by Cate Tiernan

Eternally Yours
(Immortal Beloved #3)
by Cate Tiernan
Published: November 6, 2012




Buy from Amazon
National Book Store

After 450 years of living, Nastasya Crowe should have more of a handle on this whole immortal thing....

After a deadly confrontation at the end of Darkness Falls, the second Immortal Beloved novel, Nastasya Crowe is, as she would put it, so over the drama. She fights back against the dark immortals with her own brand of kick-butt magick...but can she fight against true love? In the satisfying finale to the Immortal Beloved trilogy, ex-party-girl immortal Nastasya ends a 450-year-old feud and learns what "eternally yours" really means.

Laced with historical flashbacks and laugh-out-loud dialogue, the Immortal Beloved trilogy is a fascinating and unique take on what it would mean to live forever.

After the letdown that is the second book of this series, it did not make me not pick up the third and also final book of the Immortal Beloved trilogy. There is still a lot of hope and anticipation left in me to look forward to reading Eternally Yours.

So I did get a lot of hilarious moments - thanks so much Nastasya - which sometimes includes Reyn. And that makes it more hilarious because the guy rarely smiles, but it's Nastasya who is always full of sarcasm and the opposite of the Viking God in attitude that makes it so.

“Then help me understand,” I said. “Also, don’t let your dog chew on my sock.”
“How?” Frustration underlined his voice.
“Take it away from her.”
“No.” I heard the implied You idiot. “I meant, there’s no way to make you understand.”

I liked the addition of a handful thousand-year-olds in River's Edge in this book because it meant more life stories and experiences and new faces. For Nastasya, though, it meant torture since the reason they were there is her and the danger she brings. But I guess she did learn a lot because now she's standing up for herself and not running away so cheers to her. Of course, "standing up for herself" includes banters that made me choke with laughter until the receiving end pops a vein.

Another thing I liked is how she was able to overcome her fears and hatred in order to accept Reyn and his past, finally understanding each other and removing this barrier of blame between them. But as much as I liked those, I keep hoping for the story to really pick up especially this being the last book. I did like this better than the second one and it gave a glimpse of what the future might be but I was really anticipating for the 'BOOM' even at the last minute. Okay, so maybe it had some 'pop' but I found it anticlimactic and somehow.. disjointed?

This is still a great conclusion and oh, I almost forgot. I really, really loved that move Nastasya made for her "project"? Yeah, you'd know what I mean if you read the book. But that was so much progress and it made me proud of her. I'll miss this girl so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...