Friday, May 9, 2014

Review: Sweet Little Thing by Renée Carlino

Sweet Little Thing
(Sweet Thing #1.5)
by Renée Carlino
Published: March 4, 2014



Buy from Amazon

Ever wonder what happened after the final pages of Sweet Thing?

From his candid and sometimes neurotic point of view, Will tells all in this musical and sexy follow-up novella to Renée Carlino’s USA Today Bestseller.


Life is pure bliss for Mia and Will. They have a puppy, a loft in Brooklyn, and a new music studio on the rise. It seems things couldn’t get any better for this talented couple when life decides to throw them a sweet little curve ball.


They quickly learn that things don't always go according to plan. Sometimes happily ever after is one giant leap of faith away. With the help of good music, good friends, and one eccentric old lady, they overcome a few of life’s little bumps to find the sweetest thing of all.


Watch this duo grow in more ways than one in SWEET Little THING.


She giggled and then something occurred to me. I can’t actually say that it occurred to me, it was more like it shot me point-blank with a freakin’ bazooka.

This is hilarious. A lot of things in this novella made me laugh out loud. Well, not really since I was reading it around midnight and I don't want to disturb the whole subdivision with what I assume would sound like a madwoman's laughter who got her sacrifice for the night. So you can imagine what a laugh like this, tried hard to contain, would come out -- like a weird mewling sound that I'm sure is just as disturbing. But, oh well. Let us proceed to the review part of this post ;)

First of all, let us take a minute to adore that cover. That is the kind of cover for NA books you'd be proud to display on your shelf. I seriously loved reading this book -- it's in Will's POV! So 5 stars, people. All because of Will. I just love him so much. He is so sweet it makes me want to weep. Will certainly has a way with words especially as a musician. It might come out cheesy to some but never in those one hundred pages did I ever think his thoughts were cheesy or over the top. Because when Will says it, you can feel how he really means it. It's not the words he says but the way he says or thinks it.

“It means the beauty and wonder that I see in you every day colors each page of my life and makes it more vibrant. You make my experiences more meaningful.”

If I didn't know Mia and Will are lovers, I'd think they're best friends. They didn't lose that and it's one of the things I loved most about their relationship. It's so genuine and precious and they're perfect for each other. Every random and mundane moments they share everyday is fun to read. Oh, and I googled November Rain. How could I not?

Sweet Little Thing is amazing for a novella. It doesn't actually feel like I just read a novella. And I liked this much, much more than Sweet Thing. So I guess I can say this is better than the book. It's up to you to comprehend how that happened.

If you've read Sweet Thing, Sweet Little Thing is something that YOU MUST READ. Like that feeling you get when a book ended in a cliffhanger and then you found out there is a sequel. This is not just a novella. I can pretty much count this as book 2, only a very short one.

You can’t control the weather just like you can’t control the way others behave, but what you can control is how much love you give. Surrendering to this crazy thing called life is hard, but we don’t have to be the soulless sheets of paper tarrying along in the wind. We can find our people, love, respect them, and then hang on for dear life because it’s not where you go on this journey but who you’re with that matters the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...