Friday, December 27, 2013

Top 10 of 2013: Best Couples


For this post it's blogger's choice of the best of 2013. Choices: Villains, Contemporaries, Dual POVs, Novellas, Adult titles, New Adult titles, Love Triangles, Couples, Bad Boys, Debuts and I chose COUPLES from books I read this 2013. Without further ado..

10 Tarver Merendsen and Lilac LaRoux
from These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

They weren't the best of friends from the start - so far from it. "Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing." But I loved the transition of their relationship and I just love them together.

9 Braden Carmichael and Jocelyn Butler
from On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

Braden shrugged and reached casually over to the kettle to turn it on. “About bloody time. You two were giving me a headache.”

My mouth fell open along with Adam and Ellie’s. Not once the entire time we’d been dating did Braden let on that he knew what was going on with Adam and Ellie. That sneaky bastard.

“You really are a know-it-all pain in the ass,” I announced snarkily, brushing by him rudely. I stopped quickly at Ellie and Adam to say, “I’m happy for you.” And then I hurried by them down the hall to the bathroom to get away from Braden and his perceptive, growly, inflexible ass.

I heard Braden’s soft, scratchy laugh, his delicious voice echoing in my head as he countered, “She loves me, really.”

Ha! What a sweet, sweet couple they are. Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

8 Wesley and Kayla
from Switched by Cassie Mae

Okay, so you should read the summary of this book and then you'll have an idea of what the romance will be like. Bestfriends to lovers.. 

7 Drew Evans and Katherine Brooks
from Tangled (The Honeymoon's Over) by Emma Chase

A few minutes later, she comes back with her arms full of beer bottles. She hands one to Matthew.

“Thanks, Kate.”

And one to Steven. “Thank you.”

And one to me. I take a sip. And flinch. “Ah, this is piss warm.” I hand it back to her.

“I just took it out of the refrigerator.”

With my eyes still on the game, I flick my wrist, shooing her back to the kitchen. “You have to take them from the back of the fridge. That’s where the cold ones are…Come on, A-rod! Get your head out of your ass and in the game!”

...

A few minutes later, Kate breezes back in carrying an ice bucket filled with beer. Nope, not beer bottles. Just beer. She stands next to the couch, and I—eyes still on the game—hold out my hand for my drink. And she proceeds to take her bucket and dump it over my fucking head.

Splash.

I jump up, dripping and choking. “Jesus Christ!”

She asks me sweetly, “Is that cold enough for you, honey?”

Happy couple. Take that, Drew Evans! LOL
Read all of the extra scenes HERE.

6 Ryn Larkenwood and Violet Fairdale
from The Faerie Prince by Rachel Morgan

Kick-ass couple and holy hot kisses. LOL. I love who Ryn is in Violet's life and I love who Violet is in Ryn's life. Simple as that.
__________

I put my hands over my face. “Why is this happening?”

“Things could be worse, V.” I hear Ryn sitting down. “We could be dead, you know. How many other people have fought the Unseelie Queen and lived to brag about it?”

“I don’t care,” I moan.

“Stop being a baby and sit down. We’ll give it half an hour and see if the weather clears.”

I plop onto the ground and begin wiping mud and mush off my dress. “I can’t believe this. We should have been back at the Guild days ago! And here we are, sleeping in the dirt, sliding through the mud, and smelling like crap.”

Ryn snickers. “Oh, baby, I love it when you talk dirty.”

I shove a fistful of muddy leaves into his laughing mouth. “There.” I smile sweetly. “Now you can talk dirty too.”

5 Griffin King and Finley Jane
from The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross

Both stubborn and strong; independent and can very well take care of their own when in danger so you can just imagine what they are as a couple especially if they don't take shit from each other. But when they are not fighting..

4 Justen Helo and Persis Blake
from Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund

Now the midnight blue of the night sky was rushing after the coral line of the setting sun. The trail of sparkling gold across the surface of the water narrowed, and the waves turned dark. He felt her hand, warm from the water, in his hair again.

“It feels so weird,” she said, brushing it back against its natural direction. “Prickly. Fuzzy. Like Slipstream.”

Justen jerked his head away. “I feel like your rodent?”

She pursed her lips, considering it. “Your hair does. A little. Slipstream is softer.”

“Thanks a lot.”

3 Will and Ellie
from Shadows and the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton

I've always loved these two not only as a couple but as best friends. When things get too complicated for both of them and their relationship, they're always there for each other no matter what. Even if they can't be together as a couple, they're still friends and nothing can take that away from them.

2 Ryan Miller and Jamie Baker
from More Than Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram

The highlight of this series is not Jamie's super cool powers but Ryan Miller! They're so adorable together! I seriously can't get enough of these two. They're probably the only couple who I don't mind calling each other 'baby'.. Ryan makes it sound so natural and carefree that it makes you not want to roll your eyes but smile instead.

1 Archer Cross and Sophie Mercer
from Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

These two crack me up. I love them! They're hilarious and kick-ass and swoon-worthy even if they might say they don't have a dust of "romantic" written in their faces.. don't believe them. Especially Archer.

He looked at me again, and while he was still grinning, I could see…something move across his face. Just the littlest moment of uncertainty. “But you felt loved, right?” he asked. ”Adored and appreciated and all the other things the commercials say you’re supposed to feel?”
Squeezing his fingers, I nodded. “I did. And also a little claustrophobic.”
"A natural side effect of True Love."
With that, Archer let go of my hand and turned back to his menu. “Okay. So apparently we can have tacos or wontons, or we could have wontons stuffed with tacos which, frankly, sounds like intensely evil magic. You should maybe make a few calls, Mercer.”
"Or," I said, twirling my straw. "We could ditch this place and go to the local graveyard, see if there are any ghouls hanging about, maybe a few Dark Magic users we could bust."
Archer’s eyes met mine over the top of his menu. “Don’t tease a man like that.”
I just grinned. “Your sword is in the trunk of the car.”
-A Very Hexy Valentine's Day

1 comment:

  1. Great list !
    Joelle from https://angelswithattitudebookreviews-joelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...