Thursday, December 26, 2013

Top 10 of 2013: Best Book Covers


Merry Christmas! Day 2 is for the best book covers I've seen this year. The book MUST be released in 2013 and since there are a lot of gorgeous covers I've seen around this year, I chose my top 10 from the books I've also read this year to narrow down my choices. By the end of this post, you'll know that I love book covers that actually tells me something about the story.

10 Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Cute, simple, nerdy.. I love it. There's Levi trying to get Cath's attention who is busy with her fanfic. And there's Simon and Baz!

9 Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris
I just love the covers of this duology. It looks kick-ass. The binary digits on the background is a nice touch. Also, the colors choices are perfect for an after-apocalypse.

8 Splintered by A.G. Howard
This is gorgeous. It looks wicked, exciting, colorful and hinting on dangerous. Very modern Alice in Wonderland.

7 Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Looking at the cover feels exactly like you are reading the book. The colors and the font is gorgeous. The gray background reminds me a lot of The Fold.

6 These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Lilac and Tarver! So this is how I pictured one of the scenes in the book. Lilac's dress is gorgeous and I appreciate that they made the font simple. Obviously, the book is set in outer space.

5 Pivot Point by Kasie West
This cover says a lot even though I don't know how to explain it. Something about the main character's power - "she can look into the future and see both outcomes". Excellent interpretation, right?

4 Written In Red by Anne Bishop
I love this cover simply because it depicts the story perfectly. Dark, vicious, cold, mysterious, thrilling.. you can find all that in the book.

3 The Archived by Victoria Schwab
One of my all time favorite book covers. It's simple and the hue is gorgeous. I think this is the Narrows and the key above is for the Doors. The smoke makes me think of the Histories. It's a perfect cover for the book.

2 Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
I love color combination, it's beautiful - the golds, the browns, the deep reds.. And that's Tessa with her Clockwork Angel and beautiful, beautiful dress. I also love the clockworks and gears in the background that adds to the overall historical feel of the book. It's the type of cover that once you see a glimpse of, you'll immediately want to own a copy to put in a treasure box.

1 Across A Star-Swept Sea
The cover is absolutely gorgeous. But it was even more gorgeous when it was described in one part of the book and made me realize that “ohmygod, she’s talking about the dress in the cover” and pause reading so I can stare at it for a few minutes. And stare some more. I mean, one look is enough to tell it's a beauty but actually reading a scene in the book that perfectly pictures it.. yeah, I appreciated it all the more. Even my imagination couldn't have come up with this. This is so Persis.

So, what book covers made your top 10?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...