Saturday, November 30, 2013

Me and My Bookshelf (17): October + November Book Haul

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

Well hello, you guys! I recently joined Instagram which I wasn't very interested in doing before but hey, I am now so I might as well tell you. You can visit me here for more bookish pictures in the future.

So. I made a book haul post. Hurrah! It's been a while but since I got so many books last September I limited myself to book buying. Kind of useless though since two of the books I got are currently the most expensive in my shelf. But I did get pretty good deals on some of them so.. here you go.


Guess what those two books are. Yep. It's Eleanor & Park and Fangirl. A week after I purchased them our bookstore released their paperback edition - with the same cover - and was like, WHAT THE--?? I thought the paperbacks aren't coming out for a long time which is usually the case with books that aren't published with international editions on release date. Oh, well.

I got Immortal Beloved, Rebel Angels and The Sweet Far Thing at half price. Thanks to National Book Store and Books for Keeps!

I was really surprised when I saw Rebel Angels and The Sweet Far Thing in my mail not because I wasn't expecting them but rather.. they are huge. I have A Great and Terrible Beauty in paperback and it was your typical 400-page novel and knowing I got these two in hardcovers that they will normally be thicker. But.. no. Rebel Angels is almost 600 pages and The Sweet Far Thing is.. wait for it.. 819 pages. I've no doubt this trilogy was wrapped up very nicely and not hurried.

Books mentioned:

Just One Year by Gayle Forman (paperback, NBS)
Origin by Jessica Khoury (paperback, NBS)
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (hardcover, NBS)
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (hardcover, NBS)
The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (paperback, NBS)
The House of Hades by Rick Riordan (paperback, NBS)
Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan (paperback, NBS)
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray (hardcover, Books for Keeps)
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (hardcover, Books for Keeps)
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black (paperback, NBS)

What did you guys get? Leave me a link.

4 comments:

  1. I've been looking forward to reading The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. 819 pages? Crap, that's a long book. I tried to read Under The Dome once, but at over 1000 pages, I just couldn't finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently reading The Coldest Girl. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it soon. It's kinda big :) Haven't heard of Under the Dome before but I have a Stephen King book recommended by a friend and it's over 1000 pages. I'm gonna save it for Christmas vacation.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Coldest Girl in Coldtown and Mara Dyer are sooooooooooo good!! I enjoyed Origin too, and I still haven't bought Just One Year >.< Need to get to that. I also haven't read a Rainbow Rowell book yet, which I'm beginning to think is a real sin since everyone seems to like them so much o.O
    Anyway, I hope you enjoy all that you got and I'm really sorry for getting back to you nearly a week late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't finished Coldest Girl yet but I've read Evolution and I agree; it's amazing. Much much better than the first book. I've only read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It was really good though I've heard a lot of people say Eleanor and Park is better. Also, it won on Goodreads :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...