Monday, November 25, 2013

Book Cover Battle: US vs UK - Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter

I learned about this series randomly. I saw one of the books at my local bookstore and it initially wasn't the cover that made me interested. It's the word SPIES and yep, I just had to read it. It turned out I'm a liar. The only book I can find then was the second in the series, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy and since I don't have the first one, I kind of forgot about it after a while. My sister found my copy though, read it even though it's already the sequel, told me it was really, really good and that I HAVE TO GET HER THE FIRST BOOK. Man, I remembered marathon-ing the first four in three days. Everytime I finish reading my hands would immediately grab for the next. It was THAT good. So good that I remember my heart breaking when I learned that the fifth book wouldn't come out for a year. But get this: the series is finished now but I have yet to read Out of Sight, Out of Time (yes, that's book 5).

Anyway, I adore the book's covers because one: the theme is perfect for the story (code word: covert and high school girls) and two: no cover change! So first, the covers for the US edition:



Don't they look amazing? I love the fonts, the colors and its relation to the story. Come on, the hidden faces and uniforms? So cool. I actually got a little teary when I first saw United We Spy's cover. Oh! And the title, very clever. Now the UK:



These looks equally amazing. And it follows the theme of the US covers; hidden faces and all that plus hidden weapons you might be mistaken as a simple hair clip! And the uniform looks cool as well. Talk about boarding school looks for genius heiresses. For the bonus: the titles have the school crest beside it! 

Final say: YES TO BOTH.

P.S. I'm pretty sure I have something more to add about this topic but I forgot so I'm gonna end this post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...