Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Reading Multiple Books at a Time

What do you do when you're in a reading slump? Me? I either pause reading for a couple of days, or read 1 to 2 chapters of a certain book per day, or read the first chapter of every book I have until I find the one that would get me out of my reading slump. Right now, I'm in the craziest kind of coping slightly similar to situation number 3. The difference is, I don't plan on abandoning or not finishing those books I started.

I was really ecstatic with my reading pace this November. So far, I've read 13 books and 1 novella. These past weeks though, I can't seem to stick to one title. Reading multiple books at time is not unusual for me. I do it regularly. But I noticed the amount of books I am currently reading this month alone is kind of uhh.. too many.

A couple of days before October ended, I started The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black but then we had to go out of town so I left it at home in exchange for a smaller book to bring: What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang. I had a really good time reading it but haven't finished before it was time to go home again. Instead of continuing though, I alternated reading it with Coldest Girl. I don't know what happened, just that I already read 13 books and still haven't finished both of them. It was around that time that I jumped through one book to another.

Bunch of unfinished books after, I finally started The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas and thanks to it I was able to finish it without trying to start yet another. I was really hoping I'd be back in the game after that but no. Oh no no no.

To summarize, I have 7 unfinished books started this month. I do intend to finish them before November ends.



A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley - I already read 14 chapters of this book. I would have continued it if I wasn't so tired and sleepy.

Fractured by Teri Terry - This is the book I'm reading when I'm at school. Already at Chapter 15 when I read it earlier while waiting in class for our teacher. I eventually fell asleep, though. It's not the book. I just had 3 hours of sleep the night before.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - This is my first Holly Black book. The story is okay so far but I have yet to find something new in it. I forgot what page I am now.

What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang - I only have, like, fifty or less pages left until I finish this but every time I pick it up I'd feel the day's exhaustion (brought to you by, yours truly, school).

Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken - Not very enthusiastic about it so far. I've only read 5 chapters of it and couldn't get into it as I've hoped. I guess I'll save this for future read after all.

Collide by Gail McHugh - Started this last night instead of continuing A Little Wanting Song. This will probably be next on my to-finish list after What's Left of Me.

How to Love by Kate Cotugno - Not that bad but I had to pause since I can feel the edges of frustration and dread as I go on reading this book. Hmm. I'm not liking Sawyer very much but we'll see.

PS It wasn't because they're bad that I can't seem to finish them before finding another. It's me. I have a very short attention span and it is only through reading that I can sit still for hours and be okay. I guess it just isn't working for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...