Thursday, November 7, 2013

Review: Don't Look Now by Michelle Gagnon

Don't Look Now
(PERSEFoNE #2)
by Michelle Gagnon
Published: August 27, 2013




Noa Torsen is on the run. Having outsmarted the sinister corporation Pike & Dolan, Noa and her friend Zeke now move stealthily across the country, protecting runaways before they become test subjects for P&D's horrific experiments. Noa knows all too well what that feels like: Whatever they did to her has left her exhausted and scared.

Back in Boston, Peter anxiously follows Noa's movements from his computer, using his hacker skills to feed her the information she needs to stay alive. But he's desperate to do something more, especially when he learns what P&D has done to his ex-girlfriend Amanda.

Then, in an explosive confrontation, Noa and her team are trapped in the one place they thought was safe. It will take everything Noa and Peter have to bring down the corporation before it gets them first. And with no one to trust and enemies hiding at every turn, they may be the only people alive who can.

This stunning second book in the critically acclaimed Don't Turn Around trilogy raises the stakes to their absolute limit and will leave readers begging for the exciting conclusion, Don't Let Go.

I didn't plan on picking up Don't Look Now soon after I finished the first book in this series, Don't Turn Around. I liked the first book but it didn't really left me that excited for the sequel but you know how it is. One time I was just daydreaming, which most of the time leads to thinking about anything book related like going over my previous reads or remembering a favorite scene or what genre I should read next, blah, blah, blah. Then I suddenly thought of Don't Turn Around and realized how much I miss Noa and Peter and their hacking skills, wondering what happened to them after everything. So I read it. And I'm very glad I did because I enjoyed Don't Look Now much more than Don't Turn Around.

If you've read my review of the first book, you'd know how I was looking forward to a lot of interaction with the characters and I believe it was achieved in this book. There were a lot of new characters introduced and I really enjoyed reading about them. The book was written from various perspectives which I liked. It suited the way the author meant to tell the story.

There wasn't a lot of movement, however, plot-wise. Same storyline but not much progress although this time the book was focused more on these groups, one of them led by Noa, that's intent on saving victims or possible test subjects of the illegal experiments for PEMA's cure. The last few chapters of the book was heartbreaking especially after developing that bond with the characters I was so hoping for. It was, as usual, full of action and adrenaline. The ending was sad but at the same time hopeful. It made me want the sequel so bad!

If you've read the first book and liked it, then you've probably already read this. If so, let me know what you thought. If you've read the first book, but a little hesitant in starting Don't Look Now, I suggest you do so now. You won't regret it! If you haven't read the series.. well, your loss. This is a really good read I think a lot of you would enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...