Friday, November 6, 2015

Covers Revealed: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater and The Crown by Kiera Cass

A few days ago the cover of one of my - and probably everyone's - most anticipated book was revealed. It's highly likely you've already seen it but I can't not share because, goodness, IT IS GORGEOUS! 

The Raven King
(The Raven Cycle #4)
by Maggie Stiefvater
Expected Publication: April 26, 2016



Man, they look amazing together. I absolutely love this series. Gansey is my man. And I love Maggie Stiefvater. To those who are still crying over the fact that the publication date of The Raven King was pushed back from September 2015 to February 2016... well, the expected publication is now April 2016 *cue more weeping*

But it's okay. I don't think I'm ready for this series to be over yet.

And then earlier today another anticipated book's cover was also revealed! Well, not me. I have only read The Selection (book 1) and that was more than three years ago! It was just an okay read. I haven't picked up the rest of the series and this spin-off is a major spoiler on how America's story ended so I'm not so sure if I'm still reading them.

Anyway, I'm talking about the fifth and final (for real this time?) book in The Selection series, The Crown.

The Crown
(The Selection #5)
by Kiera Cass
Expected Publication: May 3, 2016


I am not a fan of this cover. I think her dress is about to fall off and the girl's expression and pose looks awkward. Not a fan of the dress either. Love the colors and the background though and most importantly, it matches the other books' cover.


Looking at all of them together just kind of emphasizes it. They're all gorgeous! Except The Crown. I'm sorry, but nope.

Thoughts on these covers?

8 comments:

  1. I don't read The Selection series but I LOVE staring at their covers just because they're so beautiful.. especially the dresses... but seeing that latest cover... gotta agree with you.. I still love the dress though..

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel the same. How could they fail because it looks so obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw The Crown on facebook yesterday and I was all like eh that's the ebst they could come up with? All the covers in that series look amazing, but while the Crown fits the style it just doens't work for me. I don't like her face, that's what bothers me most. And the dress and the pose just looks awkward, although I do like the colour.
    The cover for the Raven King does look really pretty! I keep hearing good things about that series, but I haven't started the series yet, maybe I finally should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly.

      The Raven Cycle is amazing! I hope you get to read it soon and like it :)

      Delete
  4. The pose IS awkward on The Crown but I do like the cover, although I am biased towards the color purple because it's one of my faves haha. I was DROOLING over that Raven King cover though, easily one of my favorite covers this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love purple, too! And The Raven King cover cover is undeniably gorgeous.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...