Monday, December 22, 2014

Review: Adrian Lessons by L.A. Rose

Adrian Lessons
by L.A. Rose
Published: August 25, 2014



Buy from Amazon

If there’s one thing Cleo Reynolds knows, it’s that she’s not into Adrian King.

The son of a model with the looks to prove it, the experienced author of her school newspaper’s sex advice column, the cocky playboy with a hint of darkness. That Adrian King.

Nope. Nuh-uh. No way.

The problem is, he’s very into her.

After accidentally flashing him, and slightly-less-accidentally-but-still-totally-unintentionally making out with him in front of the whole class, she expects to be called crazy. Instead, he asks her out.

Cleo’s determined not to end up as another notch on his bedpost. Except she hasn’t done…you know…it in a while. (Read: ever.) And as a girl who pays her tuition by writing all the sex scenes in her roommate’s bestselling romance series, the lack of inspiration has served up a fat slice of writer’s block.

Until her roommate proposes that Cleo and Adrian act out all the steamy scenes in her book.

It’s just research. No feelings involved.

Nope. Nuh-uh.

No way.

School has been super busy this year that I couldn't even find a decent enough amount of time to read so I refrained from accepting review requests. I do, however, accept promotional posts so when L.A Rose emailed me about her new book I agreed to make the post but couldn't guarantee the book review. She was nice enough to give me a copy of it anyway.

A few days later I was in the mood for something that sounded like Adrian Lessons and this being a short book, I breezed through it. I wouldn't say I was disappointed. More like, this book is not for me.

I expected this to be a really fun and short read. I did enjoy it and had some fun reading about Cleo and Adrian but for the most part it felt like I couldn't get my emotions or my feelings about the book, the characters or the story to settle. Adrian can be so hot and cold most of the time. I mean, he's nice but his moods switches so fast that I couldn't really understand his character. Same as with most of the situations. There are some parts that I found so weird like I couldn't imagine that sort of thing happening in real life because it's just too awkward or something like that. I'm talking about the acting out of the steamy scenes in the book Cleo is writing, for one.

Most of Cleo's jokes are lost on me or I found kind of corny since the beginning of the book. I don't hate her. I just couldn't relate to her. I liked her and Adrian together, you know, weirdness aside. So when that little twist in the story came I was kind of thankful for it because it took my attention up a notch. It wasn't a bad read, all in all. If it was, I wouldn't have finished it.

At the end of the book I decided that despite my thoughts about it, I am so going to read L.A Rose's next book, James Games, because one of the main characters, James Reid, is actually an actor in our country. And I have a crush on him. Bwahahaha!

*A review copy was given by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...