Friday, December 26, 2014

Top 10 of 2014

I only read 136 books this 2014. My original goal was 150 but I didn't get to that before the year was over. Technically, I've read way more than 136 books. I've been in a lot of reading slumps this year and I always reread favorite books when I'm not in the mood to start a new one but I don't include them in my reading challenge so there you go.

Just last week, for instance, I reread Shimmer by Paula Weston twice, and then reread Haze after that, then Shimmer again (I love rereading if you haven't noticed that yet). And then agonized over Christmas dinner of the sequel's release.

So out of those 136 I've given 5 stars to - what a coincidence - exactly 10 books.

Top 10 books of 2014:


10. Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi
Read my review of Into the Still Blue HERE.



9. Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi
Read my review of Under the Never Sky HERE.



8. Just One Year (Just One Day #2) by Gayle Forman



7. Just One Day (Just One Day #1) by Gayle Forman

I read Just One Day and Just One Year after a Gayle Forman signing and I was stuck at the terminal on my way home because of a storm. I liked it at first because I can relate given my predicament at the time. I wasn't a fan of Willem but I was captivated of that play he was in the first time he appeared in the story. I didn't realize I loved this book until I finished it and had some kind of epiphany regarding the whole story and it just hit me like, Wow. 



6. Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer

The books in this series just keeps getting better and better. And thicker yet still seems not long enough. Read my full review of Cress HERE. So amazing. I CAN'T BELIEVE WINTER'S RELEASE DATE IS MOVED TO NOVEMBER 20-FREAKING-15!!!!



5. Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi

Warner! haha. I'm still inlove with the guy. Read my "rant" about Ignite Me HERE.



4. All Our Yesterdays (All Our Yesterdays #1) by Cristin Terrill

This is one of those books I expected to be kick-ass with non-stop action and mind blowing revelations that I think would make me definitely love it. It was, in fact, different from what I was expecting but it was amazing nonetheless. 

*From what I've heard about this book before I read it, I assumed this was part of a series but after reading All Our Yesterdays I didn't think so. Then I heard that there is going to be a sequel and, ohmygod. I couldn't think of whatever that sequel might bring because All Our Yesterdays, for me, is a perfect standalone though I wouldn't mind more of it. Unfortunately, it's is not going to be published anymore. The author said it didn't quite work out and she'd "rather let you down with no sequel than with a bad sequel" and I agree.



3. Sweet Little Thing (Sweet Thing #1.5) by Renée Carlino

Any other day, I wouldn't have put a novella as part of my top 10. I mean, a novella compared to all the other books I read this year? Sweet Little Thing is only a hundred and twenty pages but it doesn't feel like that. It deserves to be my top 3. Want to know why? Read it HERE. This novella is amazing. So much more than the first book. 



2. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

It took me a while to finish this but it didn't make me love it any less. It's a slow book, to be honest. But it's the kind that I love because of that feeling I get reading Maggie Stiefvater's books like every word is precious and.. I don't know! At the end of the copy of The Scorpio Races I have there is a copy of the author's speech when she received one of the many awards for this book. Maggie talked about her writing process and I just loved it because it feels exactly like what she wrote and it just amazed me.



1. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

Yes, oh, yes. The most amazing book I read this year. Probably ever. I've been wanting to write my review for so long but there are just too many things I have to say that I don't know where to start and I don't know if it would even give justice to just how incredible this book really is. Since the first page, people. If it wasn't because I accidentally read that first sentence, I wouldn't have picked this up sooner than I thought. As soon as I finished Revolution, it made me want to reread it immediately. All four hundred and fifty-some pages of it. My sister would wholeheartedly agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...