Friday, March 7, 2014

Me and My Bookshelf (19): Book Haul

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like, and recount epic book hauling stories. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

Well, yeah, it's not Saturday today but I was interrupted last Saturday while making this post just as I was uploading the first photo. I never got the chance to continue since I was only able to get back home at around 6AM the following day and slept until three in the afternoon. Tomorrow I plan to post something else so I'd better publish this book haul now.

If February wasn't the month my most awaited book came out, I wouldn't have bought anything even if I wanted to. We're drowning in school fees since it's almost finals and deadlines were last week. That Monday morning we all had our calculators out but instead of solving equations in class we were all computing for the amount we need in order to settle all our accounts.

But of course, there's no way I could wait another day to read it so I bought:


Ignite Me in all its post-it glory. This book is amazing. The entire Shatter Me series looks so pretty in my shelf.
Available at National Book Store.

IN MY MAILBOX:


I also received a few books in the mail. I was on my way home one night and I was thinking 'I want to read Cruel Beauty so bad but I promised I wouldn't buy any books. And besides, I don't think it's available at the bookstore yet.' When I opened my Facebook account later that night I found Cruel Beauty for sale in my favorite online bookstore (cheap shipping and cheap books). I had it reserved in less than 5 minutes. I also got The Near Witch in hardcover for a very cheap price.


I am so excited to read this book! I got a taste of Jay Kristoff's writing style by reading his Goodreads review (or promotion?) of his own books. Man, it's hilarious. Oh, and you should see Stomdancer's trailer. I expected this book to be tall but it's actually taller than my other tall books. So now it's sticking out.

Lots of thanks to Rachel of Fiktshun for this!


2 comments:

  1. I have Stormdancer on my Kobo, but haven't read it yet. =) I didn't like Cruel Beauty that much, but I do hope you love it when you get to reading it! I haven't read The Near-Witch yet but all the other books from Victoria Schwab I've read were awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....they all look SO GOOD standing in stack like that...Enjoy!

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...