Saturday, March 22, 2014

From Page to Film: The Maze Runner


The Maze Runner is one of those books I know about because it's popular, but don't really plan to read. Until last year, when I heard that it's going to be a movie and Dylan O'Brien will play the main character. That's all I really know about the movie but it was enough to make me include the book in my TBR pile. And then a couple of weeks ago 20th Century Fox released the official movie trailer and everyone is buzzing about it.



And yes, the trailer is so freaking awesome! I can't compare it to the book since I haven't read it yet but I know Dylan is going to be perfect. I absolutely love the guy. He can play any role and own it. Remember when I said I don't know anything about the movie except the lead being played by Dylan? Yeah, well, while I was watching the trailer I was like.. "Oooh, here comes Thomas." and then, "Wait, isn't that the guy from Narnia?", and then, "Wait, wait. I know this guy!" referring to Thomas Sangster who I was totally crushing on during my Nanny McPhee days and then the girl comes out and I'm like.. "KAYA?!"

Wasn't that a pleasant surprise? I adore the actors and actress playing the four main characters. I am definitely watching the movie.


"If you ain't scared, you ain't human."

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers--boys whose memories are also gone.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out--and no one's ever made it through alive.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.

Praise for the Maze Runner series:

"[A] nail-biting must-read." -- Seventeen.com
"Wonderful action writing--fast-paced...but smart and well observed." -- Newsday
"Breathless, cinematic action." -- Publishers Weekly
"Heart-pounding to the very last moment." -- Kirkus Reviews
"Exclamation-worthy." -- Romantic Times
"Gripping reading." -- Booklist

Read the first book in the "New York Times" bestselling Maze Runner series, perfect for fans of "The Hunger Games" and "Divergent." "The Maze Runner" motion picture starring Dylan O'Brien, Kaya Scodelario, Thomas Brodie Sangster, Will Poulter, and Aml Ameen hits theaters September 19, 2014!


6 comments:

  1. I really want to read the book and watch the movie. Sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I think I'm going to enjoy both the book and the movie. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. You NEED to pick up this trilogy before you go and watch the movie...or else you're breaking book blogger rules!! ..just kidding..but the book was REALLY good, and I would recommend it to anyone!

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WILL! I promise :) That's really good to hear. I'm excited to start this soon. I only own the second book though so I need to get the first one asap.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed watching the trailer as well! I really liked the way they shot the film as well as the cast. I'm a big fan of the series, so I hope the movie does as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that. I've read a lot of negative reviews about this book but I'm definitely going to read it before the movie comes out.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...