Sunday, September 29, 2013

Me and My Bookshelf (16): Last of my September Book Haul

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like. It is usually posted on Saturdays.


I attended DevFest Bacolod 2013 yesterday and I got home pretty late so I wasn't able to post my last book haul for this month. Also, power's acting crappy since Thursday night; my laptop and both my phone's actually drained by Friday morning so I bought them to school to charge. It's good now though so here I am!

Ah, dear September. This is my biggest book haul month! I already posted the 19 books I got earlier this month so now I'm going to show you the remaining 5 I bought this week.

I was so excited to see Shift at NBS. I didn't really notice what it was when I first saw it. I was like 'Hmm.. Just one Day, no. The Ocean at the End of the Lane, no. Shift, oh I love this book (yeah, I already read it ages ago and it's AMAZING). Tiger's Qu--Wait, SHIFT? They have SHIFT?' Because, yeah. That's the beauty of my local bookstore being not in the US or anywhere near it. A lot of books I badly want are not available and can only be special ordered (that's expensive) so if I see one like this.. surprise, surprise! And the best news? It's a brand-new hardcover copy for only $4. I don't know why; there's no sale, it's not part of a bargain and the tag indicates it's for full-price. But hey, I'm not complaining.

I haven't read The Tiger's Saga but I plan to. And although I don't own the first book, I bought Tiger's Quest because it's only $6.90 (full price) which was unexpected. It's a thick book.

I was actually hoping to find a US hardcover edition of Wolfsbane with this cover to match my Nightshade but I think there isn't any so I've gone ahead and bought this:

It's 50% off and costs less than the paperback. Again, it wasn't indicated that it's on sale or bargain or whatever but due to my previous experience with Shift, I scanned it on the store's customer service computer just to verify the price (worth a try) and ta da! Also, it's still sealed which means it's brand-new.

Soo. I don't own The Maze Runner book and I haven't read the series yet but I wanted to for a long time although I don't have very high expectations. It's going to be a movie and I wasn't really looking forward to it but the main character will be played by Dylan O'Brien. Are you freaking kidding me?! YES! I'll be watching out for this. And thanks to that info it made me look forward to the book as well. Since I didn't see any copies of The Maze Runner and although there's plenty of The Death Cure, I only bought The Scorch Trials because it's only $2. Mwahahah.

And lastly - I swear I wasn't planning on buying anything more unless it was, of course, cheap.. but just when I wasn't expecting it, the bookstore texted me a few days ago that my order of The Raven Boys had arrived. I couldn't let this beautiful, beautiful book held off for who knows how long so I picked it up and bought it eventhough it wasn't discounted as I badly wished for. LOL.


That's all for my book haul! Now I'm back to my not-more-than-5-books per month rule. I'm sure it will be much effective for the months that will follow because right now, I'm broke and there is nothing much I can do about that. Except get a job that pays but I can't because I already have a job - school, which only pays me information and not cash at the moment. This is sad.


All books from: National Book Store


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...