Monday, September 9, 2013

From Page to Film: The Book Thief

Honestly, I don't know anything about this book except that it's popular, a bestseller and that a lot of you guys loved it. I don't know. It just didn't occur to me to a least check it out so I really have no idea what the story is, the genre, etc. etc. But when I heard that The Book Thief movie trailer was out.. that, I immediately watched.



So naturally, the entire thing surprised me. I mean, I did not think for a second it's historical or that it happened during the war! But, ohmygod, does that trailer make me look forward to the movie? A two-minute glimpse and the feels! I can just imagine how intensely beautiful and touching the book is. Wow. Now The Book Thief is on top of my TO-BUY-NEXT list.

I've read some comments on Youtube about this trailer and they're saying how the movie people better not fck mess this up because "the story is beautiful as it is". I know I haven't read it yet but I'm okay with movie changes for the sake of suspense or giving the viewers something they're not expecting. As long as the essence of the story is still there. It should be there. I've already watched a movie based from a certain book which turned out to be a lot different from each other - even the ending - but what I felt while reading and watching each part was the same, even though it was brought by a different scenario. It's all in the mind of the writer and maker of the movie, the readers and viewers; how you interpret it and how you look at it as a whole. I'm talking about Stardust, by the way. And it's probably the best film adaptation I've ever seen.

Have you read the book? What do you guys think of this trailer? Let me know - but no spoilers! :)

Add The Book Thief by Markus Zusak on your Goodreads shelf!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why people expect the book to be the same as the movie. Hollywood's idea of story is very different from literature's idea. I have no idea if that trailer is about a movie that is anywhere near as wonderful as The Book Thief was, but I definitely want to see it.

    I definitely recommend the book. It's absolutely Zusak's best and better than many other's best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my TBR list is being added by one book now, LOL!

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...