Sunday, September 8, 2013

Me and My Bookshelf (13): July Book Haul

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like. It is usually posted on Saturdays.


Quick recap of what happened yesterday the reason why I was only able to post this now. Instead of going directly home after I arrived back in the city, I decided to stop by the bookstore first to buy some books which turned out to be a lot. I was so winded after last week’s exam plus Friday night’s mini party (until 4AM!) with my classmates and Saturday’s club activity. It was a blast and I had a really great time even though I only slept for less than an hour (thank god all that drink I had did nothing to me). By the time I decided to go home, I can barely keep my eyes open. So instead of making my book haul post, I slept. For 14 hours, it seems.

Now here I am. Doing homework and projects already, like we didn’t just take our midterm exams last week. Anyway, I haven’t posted my book hauls these past two months and I figured I’ll just put them all into one post. But this month’s book buying is getting crazy and it’s only the first week. I don’t want to make it too long so I’m going to make separate posts according to when I bought or received the books. For now, here are the books I got last July. I did not request any for review because I know it’s going to be tough fitting it with my schedule so I just bought five.

Unraveling is actually still part of my June book haul. I was informed that the copy I requested was ready for pick-up on the last day and I have already posted my book haul for that month so it was not included. I loved this book A LOT. You can read my review HERE.

I've heard so many good things about My Life Next Door that I immediately read the book after I bought it. Yes, it was really good.

There were only two books by David Levithan I've ever read. Every Day (read review HERE) which I loved, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson, in collaboration with John Green, which is hilarious and I also absolutely loved. So I'm excited to read these two books. I haven't read anything by Rachel Cohn yet. I saw the Nick and Norah's movie and I liked it. My sister said the book is like the movie.

Eee! Okay. Now this.. is pure gorgeousness! They changed the cover and I like it still. I mean, the new one's pretty but I prefer the original cover. It matches the historical and witchcraft concept of the book. Born Wicked is amazing! Star Cursed is up next on my TBR.


Add these books on Goodreads!

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Love Is the Higher Law by David Levithan
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Unraveling (Unraveling, #1) by Elizabeth Norris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...