Saturday, September 14, 2013

Me and My Bookshelf (14): National Book Store Cut Price Book Sale Edition

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like. It is usually posted on Saturdays.


Yep. You got that right. Instead of doing a monthly haul post for September, I divided them into parts because if I don’t, you’re in for a super long post. We're not even halfway through the month but I already got 20 and you know how I am when it comes to book hauls. I ramble. A LOT.

Moving on, National Book Store had a cut price book sale of up to 70% off for 10 days. I had just realized that I did not buy any books last August and I intended to keep it that way for the few remaining days until the month was over. I don't know, I guess the world's mocking me because a couple of days after that I saw this book sale announcement on the store's FB page. You should understand, we RARELY get this kind of deal here in my place. A book obsessed person like me would be crazy to even think about passing this up. SO.. the day after I saw that poster, which was August 31st by the way, I gave in. Oh no, I didn't buy all of these in one day. I only bought 4 on my first trip.. and the rest I bought the day before the sale was over. It pains me to say this but it's probably a good thing I'm nowhere near the Manila International Book Fair right now. Or else. And because I love "bookstore hopping" so much, I bought these babies from 4 different branches of NBS here in our city. Mwahahaha! Anyway, here they are:

Best deal I got. A brand new hardcover copy of A Million Suns by Beth Revis! It's still sealed and worth half of the original price. How backwards am I? The first copy I owned from this trilogy was the last book. Now this. I still don't have book 1.

Other books I got at 50% off:



And from the YA section with 20% off:



Out of all these books, I only read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Wings of the Wicked. These two are favorites. I've already said my goodbyes to the entire Angelfire trilogy; it's one of my most favorite trilogies EVER!


You guys, I'm so excited to read all of these! Have you read these books? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below! And don't forget to leave me links to your book hauls. I'd love to check them out :) That's all for now. BYE!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so many pretty books, Haraiah! I really enjoyed Angel Burn, Anna, and Lola. I loved Across the Universe so I'm not sure why I haven't read A Million Suns yet. You got some amazing reads ahead of you, so happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...