Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Don't Let It End Reading Challenge Wrap-Up


One out of seven 2013 reading challenges down. Last July 14, Fiktshun's 5-month long Don't Let It End Reading Challenge ended. I did pretty well, considering. In total, I read 6 books which was one more than my original goal which was 5. Here are the series-ending books I read and reviewed:

    
    

Out of those 6, the book that sat unread on my shelf the longest was Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins. I had that baby for more than a year now and thanks to this challenge, I finally had the courage to read it. It's funny because Spell Bound was the first book I tried to read for this challenge. But then I put it back down in exchange for another series-ending book. I honestly can't count the number of times I picked it up and then back on my shelf again. Ha! Don't sound so surprised but it was actually the last book I read for this challenge. Can't bring myself to say goodbye to the characters I love oh-so-much.

I was also a little reluctant to read Clockwork Princess. The Infernal Devices is one of my most favorite series ever and I was so torn. I wanted it immediately after it was released but I also knew that I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it once it ends. I was right. But the reason I picked it up was the hype. I promised myself I wouldn't look at any Clockwork Princess related topics or updates on the internet because in one way or another, it would SPOIL ME! Until I can't take it anymore. So I manned up and read it. And stayed awake for the rest OF. THE. NIGHT. And thought about it for weeks afterwards. Worst book-hungover ever!

Now that the challenge is over, I have to do be motivated on my own for other series-ending books that needs to be read and prepare myself for upcoming ones.

   

1 comment:

  1. Nice sharing. i like your blog. I am traveling to blooper it.Thanks.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...