Saturday, October 3, 2015

Me and My Bookshelf (35): The Too Many Cheap Books Edition

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are recently added to my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like, and recount epic book hauling stories. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

September, aka book sale left and right (see my September 2013 book haul post). It was The 36th Manila International Book Fair a few weeks ago which I still haven't been able to attend - why do I live SO FAR from the venue? - and discounted books were everywhere. Lucky me, bookstores (National Book Store in my case) usually have nationwide cut price sales following the event. Naturally, I got me some, too.


From National Book Store I got The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black and Inferno by Dan Brown in hardcover for P79 (less than $2) each. Boundless by Cynthia Hand and The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong, both also in hardcover, and a paperback copy of Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly for P100 (around $2) each.

And since I couldn't resist stopping by Book Sale I found and bought a paperback copy of Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch for P180 (less than $4).

Now to the books I bought online:


I only bought 16 -- 2 were freebies :) I have already read 5 of the books here - Altered, Onyx, Finding Audrey, Poison StudyThornhill - and really loved them.

What books did you recently get? Have you read any of these? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...