Thursday, July 9, 2015

SERIES REVIEW: The Dispossessed Trilogy by Page Morgan

The Dispossessed
by Page Morgan
Published: May 14, 2013


After a bizarre accident, Ingrid Waverly is forced to leave London with her mother and younger sister, Gabby, trading a world full of fancy dresses and society events for the unfamiliar city of Paris.

In Paris there are no grand balls or glittering parties, and, disturbingly, the house Ingrid’s twin brother, Grayson, found for them isn’t a house at all. It’s an abandoned abbey, its roof lined with stone gargoyles that could almost be mistaken for living, breathing creatures.

And Grayson has gone missing.

No one seems to know of his whereabouts but Luc, a devastatingly handsome servant at their new home.

Ingrid is sure her twin isn’t dead—she can feel it deep in her soul—but she knows he’s in grave danger. It will be up to her and Gabby to navigate the twisted path to Grayson, a path that will lead Ingrid on a discovery of dark secrets and otherworldly truths. And she’ll learn that once they are uncovered, they can never again be buried.


The soles of her boots slapped against the pavement, joining with the scratch of paws, of long nails steadily clicking.
Behind her.
She pricked her ears and listened closely. Yes, it was definitely behind her. Ingrid glanced over her shoulder, expecting to see a dog – a pack of them, even – all matted fur and scrub-board ribs. Her feet tripped to a halt.
That was not what she saw.

I LOVE THIS TRILOGY SO MUCH! Oh, wait. I actually have to write more than that to give these books the love they deserve. Well, let me tell you something about it. The story is set in 1899, Paris, and it's about gargoyles. That alone had me intrigued the first time I heard about The Beautiful and the Cursed. I've never read a book about gargoyles before. Not that I remember, at least. Also, and I can't not say it, THAT COVER.

To summarize, these gargoyles are ugly, scaly creatures bound to protect an assigned territory and the humans in it. They were once human who committed a sin by killing an ordained. As punishment, the angels made them into these creatures that turn into stone whenever their territory is uninhabited for years. And, of course, there are RULES. When Ingrid and her family moves into Paris, she finds out his twin brother, Grayson, is missing and had gone looking for him. She encountered all these mysterious creatures and may have also found the reason behind the accident that initiated their move. Awesomeness follows...

I love the beautiful setting, I love the well-developed story, I love the writing... It's different. Everything is different. Good different. It's not like any book I've read before! It has kind of a slow feel to it but never boring. There are plenty of new things and history to learn about these gargoyles, the paranormal world overall, and I wanted to know them all. It's action-packed and heart-pounding. My most favorite characters are Ingrid, Luc and Marco. I love Ingrid. I love Ingrid and Luc so much. YEAH. So there is romance.

The first book is really good and the rest are just as good, if not more. I swear it gets better and better. And that ending was.. ugh. I couldn't bear it when I learned this is only going to be a trilogy but when I finally read the last book, I WAS A MESS. My heart... I'm not going to say more because I really don't want to spoil you. Just... prepare your feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...