Sunday, February 8, 2015

FINISHED DUOLOGIES

Initially, I wanted to do a finished series post that includes all the duologies, trilogies and series that I have finished reading but after I counted all of them -- all that I can remember anyway -- I realized there are a lot. Around 40 or so. So I'm going to break them down into parts and for now I am going to talk about the duologies I have read and that you might be interested in binge-reading if you are impatient for sequels. *cover image links to Goodreads*

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

Book 1: Unraveling - REVIEW
Book 1.5: Undone
Book 2: Unbreakable - REVIEW

     

One of my most favorite YA Sci-fi ever! Not to mention the super cool concept of a multiverse and the way the author made it so awesome and believable. It started with an accident that should have left the main character, Janelle, dead. She died, but for some unknown reason was brought back to life by Ben Michaels. Then she finds a clock counting down towards the end of the world and she tries to discover how it all connects. It's kick-ass. I didn't expect this to be duology (a fact I learned with only a hundred pages left in Unbreakable) and it made me sadder than I usually get when it comes to last books.




Pivot Point by Kasie West

Book 1: Pivot Point - REVIEW
Book 2: Split Second - REVIEW

    

Another favorite! This one is about a girl who is a Searcher and when faced with a choice she can look into the future and see both outcomes. Then it's up to her which road she'll choose. It's not what I was expecting and the way it was told came as a surprise that at first I didn't think I would like but ended up loving. Both Pivot Point and Split Second are my most favorite out of all the Kasie West books I've read. The romance is a plus. I love Addie and Trevor and Kasie West's writing style is just awesome.




In the After by Demitria Lunetta

Book 1: In the After
Book 2: In the End - REVIEW


    

This is a post-apocalyptic zombie book, in case you can't tell from that cover *wink*. I liked In the After enough. It was a very memorable read but for reasons not at all related to the book. In the End, however, I liked a lot less. You'll know why if you read my review. In short, not a very satisfying ending nor am I a big fan of the duology.




Mind Games by Kiersten White

Book 0.5: Annie and Fia
Book 1: Mind Games - REVIEW
Book 2: Perfect Lies - REVIEW

     

A lot of people I know liked these books but I also know plenty who didn't.
"Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her sister, Annie, has visions of the future. Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage."
I'm one of the people who really liked it and I thought the way it was wrapped up was very satisfying. Loved both Mind Games and Perfect Lies.




Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Book 1: Tattoo
Book 2: Fate

     

I really can't remember much about these books except that I both gave them 3 stars - I read it more than 3 years ago. Basically, these group of friends got a temporary tattoo that gave them supernatural powers. From the sound of it and bits of what I can remember, I probably would have given it a lower rating if I am to reread them now.




If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Book 1: If I Stay
Book 2: Where She Went

     

If I Stay is the first YA contemporary book I've ever loved. I remember reading this while waiting for my delayed trip back home more than 2 year ago. I wasn't a big fan of the genre back then so I didn't pick up a lot of books like it. If I Stay changed all that. Where She Went is even better. Like, way, way better. If you still don't know what these books are about, where the hell have you been? It's about love and family and friends and choices and has a lot of music. I love it. It's already turned into a movie and I still haven't watched it (I know) but I will. Someday.




Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Book 1: Just One Day
Book 2: Just One Year
Book 2.5: Just One Night

      

Guess where I finally read Just One Day and Just One Year? That's right. Binge-read it when I was stranded for two days, in a place where I know no one and with a language I don't speak, because of a storm after I went to a Gayle Forman signing. Noticing a trend here, don't you? One thing I enjoyed about this book is because it's set in Paris and there's travelling involved. Foreign language, foreign place, foreign people.. Sounds familiar? There are actually plenty of things I didn't like at first in the book. Willem, for one. I didn't notice until I finished the whole thing how it moved something in me.




V is for Virgin by Kelly Oram

Book 1: V is for Virgin
Book 2: A is for Abstinence - REVIEW

      

Kelly Oram books are awesome. These are just two of them. A story that started in high school about a girl who is determined to retain her virginity until she's married and a guy determined to prove to her that it's not possible. It's funny and heartbreaking at the same time. I like almost all the characters but I admire Valerie the most. It may not look like it but V is for Virgin is, and I emphasize, so much more that just cute high school romanceA is for Abstinence happens 4 years later in Kyle Hamilton's POV.




Take This Regret by A.L. Jackson

Book 0.5: Lost to You
Book 1: Take this Regret - REVIEW
Book 2: If Forever Comes

      

If it weren't because of the giveaway I won, I probably wouldn't have read, or even noticed, this book. And I have never regretted the decision to read it as soon as I received a copy from the publisher. I loved Take this Regret from the start. The feels! It's about these two main characters, Elizabeth and Christian, who are a couple in college but was torn apart because of circumstances that forced them to choose different paths. Five years later, fate brought them back together and Christian wants Elizabeth back. Elizabeth, however, is not so eager to get her heart broken all over again.

It's good as a stand-alone but I was still over the moon upon learning that there's a sequel. I didn't love If Forever Comes as much as Take This Regret but it was still great. And Lost to You is a must-read novella.




All-American Girl by Meg Cabot

Book 1: All-American Girl
Book 2: Ready or Not

      

Girl who ditches her art class and unknowingly saved the President's life! It's a quick, cute and funny read and I love David. I liked All American Girl but Ready or Not was just an okay read for me. Overall, I enjoyed both books though Samantha was irritating most of the time.




Clarity by Kim Harrington

Book 1: Clarity
Book 2: Perception

      

Another duology I can't remember much about except that it's a mystery and that I enjoyed reading it. Clarity Fern can see things when she touches a certain object. Later in the story she uses this ability to help solve the murder of a teenage girl when her brother became the prime suspect. I gave the Clarity 4 stars and 3 stars to Perception.




Beautiful Series by Jamie McGuire

Book 1: Beautiful Disaster
Book 1.5: Mrs. Maddox
Book 2: Walking Disaster - REVIEW
Book 2.5: A Beautiful Wedding

     

To be honest I don't know if this is a duology or a series but I've read all of them so whatever. Abby Abernathy is starting college as a good girl. Until she meets bad boy Travis Maddox and shit happens. I was so addicted to Beautiful Disaster. I remember reading it in one sitting and have reread it plenty of times since. I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I find Abby so kick-ass and I felt my heart breaking numerous times when I read it even though there is plenty in the book that annoyed the hell out of me. And the drama! I gave Beautiful Disaster 5 stars and the rest 3 stars.

Walking Disaster is basically Beautiful Disaster in Travis Maddox's POV. I was so excited for Walking Disaster and freaked out when I received an early copy because, woah, Travis Maddox. But alas, it didn't live up to my expectations. Don't read Walking Disaster without reading Beautiful Disaster because you'll be lost. Even I was lost.




Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino

Book 1: Sweet Thing
Book 1.5: Sweet Little Thing - REVIEW

     

Technically this is not a duology nor a series but I'm including it here anyway. That is because Sweet Little Thing, a 120-page novella, is just as amazing as any other novel length books out there. I mean, I gave it 5 freaking stars! I'm not sure if I've ever given a novella 5 stars before this. It's much better than Sweet Thing (3 stars) with more music and love and just.. ugh. Sweet Little Thing is also my top 3 of 2014.


That's all for now. I'm actually really sleepy now :)
Finished trilogies to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...