Saturday, January 3, 2015

Me and My Bookshelf (27): BookOutlet Edition

This is where I feature the books I received, bought, gifted or won that are newly added in my physical shelf, which means no e-books and the like, and recount epic book hauling stories. It is usually posted on Saturdays.

This is still a part of my November 2014 book haul because yes, no more buying books for me this year unless I read more than half of my physical TBR pile. It's not like a lot of the books I buy go unread anyway. No, my sister have read most of those that are still in my TBR but this is a matter of me having 110 books in my shelf waiting for me to pick them up.

I bought 16 books from BookOutlet for my last book haul of 2014 and probably the better part of 2015. It's my birthday and New Year's gift to myself. Let's get started.

Straight to the point, there they all are in their hardcover awesomeness. I actually have no intention of ever buying from BookOutlet because while their books are really cheap, their shipping fee is expensive. Until I saw The Bone Season on their site for $4.99 and I've been wanting to own this book in hardcover for so long but the original price is $24 then I thought, "Forget it. I'm buying this."

  


To make the shipping fee worth it, I bought a bunch (16 lol) in one order. I also got Kinslayer for $3.82, which again is a book I've been pining for forever but is also freaking expensive: originally $25.99, and books that I've wanted to read for so long but refuse to buy in e-book since their hardcover edition is gorgeous.

   


   




And books that I have read before and loved but wanted to own in hardcover:

   




I'm satisfied with the outcome. The books arrived in good condition, a little crease on the corners of some of them but it can hardly be avoided with shipping and three times at that! From BookOutlet to US to Philippines to my place. And I saved more than 50% even with shipping! Best deal ever. Thanks so much to Keeping8simpleonline!

8 comments:

  1. WOW, SO MANY GREAT BOOKS!! I'm just curious when you'll find the time to read them all, and how you'll decide which one to read first...lol??? I hope you enjoy all your new goodies!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have the whole year to hopefully read them all. I make it a point to open a book every night before I sleep and I try to read every free time I have :) My next read usually depends on what I'm currently in the mood for.

      Delete
  2. Hi I also want to buy from book outlet but it does not ship to the philippines? How dod you manage to ship it? And how does keeping8simpleonline helped? Pls answer :) thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy from BookOutlet via Amazon. There are options there that allows you to buy books from other sellers and BookOutlet is one of those (see the New and Used section in Amazon).

      Delete
  3. Hi I also want to buy from book outlet but it does not ship to the philippines? How dod you manage to ship it? And how does keeping8simpleonline helped? Pls answer :) thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, how much did it cost all in all, and how much was the shipping fee? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around $130 I think? That already includes shipping :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, how much did it cost all in all, and how much was the shipping fee? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...