Monday, February 17, 2014

Review: Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi

Fracture Me
(Shatter Me #2.5)
by Tahereh Mafi
Published: December 17, 2013



In this electrifying sixty-page companion novella to the New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, discover the fate of the Omega Point rebels as they go up against The Reestablishment. Set during and soon after the final moments of Unravel Me, Fracture Me is told from Adam's perspective.

As Omega Point prepares to launch an all-out assault on The Reestablishment soldiers stationed in Sector 45, Adam's focus couldn't be further from the upcoming battle. He's reeling from his breakup with Juliette, scared for his best friend's life, and as concerned as ever for his brother James's safety. And just as Adam begins to wonder if this life is really for him, the alarms sound. It's time for war.


On the battlefield, it seems like the odds are in their favor—but taking down Warner, Adam's newly discovered half brother, won't be that easy. The Reestablishment can't tolerate a rebellion, and they'll do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam has ever cared about.


Fracture Me sets the stage for Ignite Me, the explosive finale in Tahereh Mafi's epic dystopian series. It's a novella not to be missed by fans who crave action-packed stories with tantalizing romance like Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Legend by Marie Lu.


Wow. I am so disappointed. I feel like I've been deceived! I may be Team Warner from the very start but I do like Adam. Like him enough for Juliette. Like him enough to see that he really cares for her. But reading Fracture Me, I have no idea where that Adam went (ha! Adam. Where He Went.) or if he even existed in the first place.

I didn't see the Adam of Shatter Me and Unravel Me here. Yes, he is very protective of his brother and he cares deeply for him but.. I dunno. It's like he considers it a burden. Like it's all words and no feelings. Also, Adam is too damn confident of himself. Basically, everyone but him is an idiot.

"But no one ever listens to me, so here we are."

He wants Juliette to be out of the picture for 'her own safety'.. "She shouldn't have been here. She's not ready. She's not a fighter." Now you see why I kind of hated them both in Unravel Me, right? He doesn't do anything to make Juliette be the fighter that she should be. Instead, they sulk in tandem. And what I'm hearing here is: "Juliette is pathetic. An inconvenience. A pebble in everyone's shoe."

*Warning! SPOILERS HERE :)*

Okay. Your girlfriend goes down and the first thing you think about is..

I knew this would happen.

I knew she never should’ve come with us. I knew she should’ve stayed behind. She’s not built for this—she’s not strong enough to be on the battlefield. She would’ve been so much safer if she’d stayed behind. Why does no one ever listen to me?

Does that sound like a guy who's desperately in love with this girl? If so, you sound like an asshole boyfriend. Not even a sliver of faith. Heck, he's afraid of her! Not FOR her. And for some soldier that he is, afraid of his own girlfriend, he sure makes it sound like Juliette can't pulverize his head or shake the ground they're standing on. Should I take this as a sign?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that you didn't like this one very much. I just purchased the first and second book in the series and plan on reading those soon. Then of course I'll pick up the third and all the other side stories. Like your review I've been hearing a lot of people saying, that this isn't the same Adam they saw and came to love in the other books.

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...