Sunday, June 30, 2013

Review: Imaginable by J. Meyers

Imaginable (Intangible #2)
by J. Meyers
Published: April 16, 2013



Twins Sera and Luke Raine’s unusual abilities are growing. Sera is healing vampires now, making them human again. And, at times, Luke can actually change the future he Sees.

But Sera’s healing has dangerous consequences, and though Luke is altering the outcome of more visions, he can’t control them yet.

Now Sera is in danger as the dark creatures of the Realm seek to use her. As Luke struggles to master his gift in order to save his sister, he discovers even more about his powers.

And what he learns just may put him in greater danger than Sera has ever been.

I remember wanting Intangible like mad when I first heard about it. It sounded like the book I ever wanted. Paranormal stuff and prophecies, vampires, faes, elves? But even more were the main characters, Luke and Sera, twins who have special abilities and play a great part in a world unbeknownst to them. Luke can See the future while Sera can heal people, gifts that led them to discover they are not just ordinary humans who happen to have these unusual talents.

And recently to their knowledge, Sera’s healing ability can turn vampires back to humans but with deadly consequences. Now every creature in the Realm wants her to heal them. She was kidnapped and it was up to Luke and their friends, with the help of the Light Elves and a vampire, to find and rescue her. The situation is devastating for Luke especially that it’s his sister’s life at stake and it seems like his ability is of no help. Not until he finds a way to conjure his visions willingly.

Luke is my most favourite character in this series. Girls swoon over him but he already has his eyes set on one girl he can never have. He’s not a jerk; he’s completely silly but really sweet and protective of his sister. He’s smart and amazing – or so he repeatedly convinces the others. He’s funny and I enjoyed reading his parts in the book. Sera is the stubborn one but when it comes to the people he loves, Luke can definitely compete with that. It took a lot from him not to go running immediately into the Realm and save his sister but he knows it is dangerous and tries to reason with himself.

I liked that there are a lot of characters involved in the story, each of them having gifts of their own. It makes it more interesting, seeing parts of the book in different perspectives. Although Imaginable didn’t have that explosive effect on me, it was still a good read. I’m not saying it’s bad because it’s truly not. I had a great time reading it. It’s just that the series came a little short of my expectations but I have no doubt this would appeal to many readers out there.

And because I love Luke:

Luke raised an eyebrow “You know what Jonas smells like?”
He looked mildly jealous, which made Fey smile. “Vampires have a distinct aroma,” she said. “And elves are excellent trackers—we remember every scent. So, yes. I know what Jonas smells like.” She grinned wide. “I also know what you smell like.”
He made great show of smelling himself and looking exaggeratedly impressed.
___________

“You feel lucky to be in the presence of genius, don’t you. It’s okay, you can admit it.”
Fey looked around wildly. “What, Brandan’s here?”
Luke clutched his chest, staggered backwards. “Ouch! A direct hit.”
“You do make a perfect target.”
“Aha!” Luke said, pointing at her. “You think I’m perfect! About time you noticed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...