Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I made a TBR Jar!

Yes. I made a TBR jar. This was inspired by Kat of Katytastic. You know her? She’s amazing! And I sincerely thank her for this wonderful idea which I wouldn’t have come up with on my own for sure. You should watch her latest video:



See? Told ya. But I digress. So last night as I was going over the list of the physical books I own, I saw that I still haven’t read a few – okay, a lot – of them (and counting), a few of which I bought years ago. Let’s not include my TBR e-books in this topic; it’ll take time.

What is a TBR Jar?

This jar is where I will put the titles of the physical books I have but haven’t read. I will randomly pick a title from the jar whenever I really have no idea what I feel like reading next but aside from that (you never know when that feeling might arise especially when laziness strikes) I will also pick a minimum of two titles at the start of each month which I will definitely read by that particular month it was picked unlike those I include in my attempt at a monthly TBR list which I never stick to. It really depends on my mood what I read next but for the sake of trimming everything down, I promise that whatever title it is will be read in the assigned time no matter how many new books catch my eyes on the way.

I did not put all unread titles inside. I already planned on reading those I recently got anyway, particularly the ones I received for review so I should focus on those that have already – or would likely – gather dust (figuratively speaking, of course; I’m very careful when it comes to my books). Others are spin-offs of series I haven’t finished yet so they’re out. And, get this, I have a few ones that are the second or third installment and such in a series I haven’t started nor own a physical copy of the first book (don’t ask). In the end, I put 20! That’s a good number, right?

TBR JAR entries

Gone by Michael Grant
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Spellcaster by Claudia Gray
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Taste by Kate Evangelista
Fated by Alyson Noel
Just One Day by Gayle Forman
The Diviners by Libba Bray
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
Dark Seeker by Taryn Browning
Defiance by C.J. Redwine
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Everything Breaks by Vicki Grove
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

I’ve been excited for all those books when I bought them, believe me. My sister has read most of them but it’s either I dread waiting for its sequel in case of massive cliffhangers or I just spend too much time with my e-reader the reason why they are now in a jar. Their titles, that is.


There they are! Handwritten by yours truly.

As expected, there will always be new books that I will most definitely add in my shelf but I will not include them in my TBR jar unless I have already emptied the first batch. That way, I can ensure that I’ve read all of them before I move on to new ones. Poor babies will think I don’t love them enough because I don’t pay them too much attention.


Aaaand.. they’re ready! See those yellow papers inside? One of those cute little things will be pulled out next so just watch out. I’ll be posting my progress here every month. Yay! Excited. What about you guys? Any ideas you want to share on how to dig through all those mountain high pile of yours?

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! It's perfect for when you can't decide what to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea :) I have a rule that I read any free books I receive first, and the ones I buy, which are by far the majority, follow on from there. My TBR pile is frightening. I have really, really got to stop buying books until I make a dent in my pile, but I have been saying that for months ............

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome idea! I think I might give this a try! I always have the hardest time picking which book I should read next!

    Lisa
    Become Blogger of the Week
    http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/p/blogger-of-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I made the original book jar to cheer myself up after my laptop died and then suddenly loads of people were making them and oh my word, it has been AMAZING to see what everyone is doing with the idea! Have fun with your picks - I'm about to pick my fourth choice from mine and you can see how I'm doing on my blog, Alex in Leeds.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...