Saturday, October 6, 2012

Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx (Lux #2)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: August 14, 2012

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Katy thinks that Daemon’s sudden change of interest toward her isn't real and is convinced that it is because of the bond that has developed between them after fighting an arum and she is determined not to give-in to her own emotions. But when complications arise with the DOD and the real reason behind Daemon’s brother, Dawson, and Bethany’s disappearance, they both have to work together to seek the answers they are looking for.

There is no denying how much I loved this book, although not as much as Obsidian but loved it nonetheless. In Onyx, we see more of the growing relationship between Katy and Daemon and of course their endless banters. Yet again, this series never fails to make me laugh and swoon!

I still love Katy but I have to admit she’s made a lot of mistakes and unwise decisions that led to heartbreaking consequences. Of course, there is always Daemon who never left her no matter how adamant she is of distancing her feelings for him. So when a new guy, Blake, arrives at their school and starts hanging out with her, she grabbed what she thought her only chance of having a normal life, be with a normal guy. And Daemon! It really hurts me to know that he’s in pain even though he doesn't show it. Ha! I know! Daemon – jealous. We actually get to see a lot of his caring and softer side in Onyx aside from his overprotective bearing on his sister. He’s actually gone “extreme” in proving to Katy that what he felt for her is real and not because of some alien mojo. I really love it when he calls Blake different names which I tell you, is a lot. Of names, I mean. As for Blake, well, I knew from the very first time that there is no Katy and Blake so.. there you have it!

The only drawback is that I’m a little exasperated with Katy. I totally understand why but does she really have to wait a really long time after she realizes her mistakes to confide in Daemon until it’s too late? But that’s all. The plot and writing style is still amazing and I can’t wait to read Opal! That ending is killing me!

*PS I really want to know what the note says...

Words!
“And it has nothing to do with my raging dislike of the boy.” His hands left the counter and found my hips. “Or the fact that—”
“That you’re jealous?” I said, turning my cheek so that it was daringly close to his lips.
“Me? Jealous of him? No. What I was going to say was, or the fact that he has a stupid name. Blake? It rhymes with flake. Come on.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments! I love knowing your thoughts and I will try to respond as much as I can. Don't worry! I don't bite. Just a little reminder, this blog is award free. Thank you and ENJOY! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...